new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

suarez pens new deal. fuckin' hell. that was quick, must be on some seriously ridiculous coin now

They were talking about Stg240k per week.

I'd love to know why the convention is to discuss soccer players' wages in weekly pay.
I presume that is a Stg12.5m contract.

they're in a position now where they don't have to sell him. If they let his contract run down, he'll be in his thirties. And if Gaz Bale taught us anything, it's that money doesn't always replace players. I'd rather lose him for naugh tin 2018 than get 100 million for him this summer. Goofy,racist weirdo.

I think that's all absolutely right, but would add that this is also just part of the investment strategy; it is as much a statement of intent by the club as it is about keeping Suarez.

Everyone knows that if things go tits up this season he could still be off for money that Madrid will have no problem paying. The new contract ensures that his wages are already at the "world-class" level and that there's maximum time on the amortisation value (resetting the clock to 5 years), so the only thing relevant to sale price is the skill of the player, which must be £100m or more now.

On the other hand it's an early signal to the rest of the league that if LFC do qualify for the Champions League, they're prepared to pay big salaries again for top, top players.

They did say that the money was there for a marquee signing, there just wasn't the players available. But yeah, if that's the kind of lolly on offer, then some of europes top mercenaries could be interested. I see Jeremy Menez and Balise Matuidi are available on pre contract this January, for example.. And there was some talk of Javier Pastore getting shipped out. That's what's great about these super rich clubs. They've made January interesting when good players find themselves on the fringes. Especially with a World CUp a-brewing. I do think they'll go shoppin in Jan, again. They've done alright in Jan, Carrolls aside.

Top! And BR promising we'll improve in the second half of the season. But let's talk again after the City game. Fingers crossed for a draw on Monday.

draw would be incredible. city certainly leaking plenty of goals anyway so there's every chance. another poor goal to concede today by pool though

little bit ropey at times in second half but more or less a comfortable victory. delighted to bag the 3 points whether it was good or bad performance. a fixture like today's was the kind Pool have fucked up in recent years and lost points

top of the league! hurrrah!

I think that's all absolutely right, but would add that this is also just part of the investment strategy; it is as much a statement of intent by the club as it is about keeping Suarez.

Everyone knows that if things go tits up this season he could still be off for money that Madrid will have no problem paying. The new contract ensures that his wages are already at the "world-class" level and that there's maximum time on the amortisation value (resetting the clock to 5 years), so the only thing relevant to sale price is the skill of the player, which must be £100m or more now.

On the other hand it's an early signal to the rest of the league that if LFC do qualify for the Champions League, they're prepared to pay big salaries again for top, top players.
Yeah like, but top top top top top players, or just top top players?

Not sure how I feel about that, now that I'm onto the hangover phase. That linesman call against Sterling was disgraceful. I think Arsenal had a few dodgy line calls at City too... just saying, not accusing, it's a bit of a coincidence isn't it... but on balance they are better than us and it's no bad thing to lose there, no team will be banking on picking up points there this season.

On the other hand some of the Suarez-Coutinho-Sterling-Henderson interplay was sublime. We passed the ball behind their lines at least 4 times, one was a goal, one was incorrectly offside, and two were well saved by Hart. Coutinho's would have been goal of the season had he scored it. And we lost to our perennially shit defence of corners and to Mignolet being off-balance/trying to look spectacular and fucking it up - depending on how generous you feel.

If we can reproduce that level at Chelsea we should win there. However we might not get to that level. City let teams play and just make sure they've scored more by the end (e.g. arsenal 6-3), whereas Mourinho will send out Mikel to kick Suarez and Coutinho off the pitch.

Oh, and it was a very enjoyable game too. Enjoyed it much more than the 3-3 Everton match because it was much more about control than chaos and less jangly on the nerves.

lot has been made of skrtels shirt pulling at set pieces over last couple of days. Reckon mourinho have his players primed to bring it to ref's attention later on. Would like to see agger step back in today. Sahko in possession the other night was walking at times in second half. Only saw last 25 mins or so. Cant see both centre backs starting again

In case anyone is worrying about the success NBC might be having in attracting quality advertisers to their soccer schedule stateside, concern yourself not.
I just watched this ad between the Arsenal and Liverpool games.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ref's are fucking us. What's with that Eto'o assault in the box? Fuck that. Up there with that imaginary offside against Citeh.

Ref's are fucking us. What's with that Eto'o assault in the box? Fuck that. Up there with that imaginary offside against Citeh.
replays show he was staring right at it too. Incredible.
scored at an awful time. Chelsea were demented there in the first half. Would have been very satisfying to finish year in fourth. Cant complain about league position though in fairness. Have also played every team in top 8 but united away from home at this stage. Gotta be positive about whats to come in few months.
not quite at the races all over today. Yet man smith did nothing in 30 mins. Squad really stretched at the minute. Moreso after today.
fucking disgrace officials decisions are costing points in such big games though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back