new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Skrtl has everything at the moment:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hardly Skrtl's fault, in fairness, all he did was an unnecessary fuck about in front of the opposing forward, but the backpass was grand.

Fulham were woegeous at the weekend but we went about our business in very tidy fashion regardless. We'll see whether Sakho's brought back in against the Toffees to try and deal with Lukaku but I thought the back four was incredibaly solid and organised on Saturday. Skrtel's response to last season's demise has been really impressive and Agger is quite simply our best centre back, haven't let a goal in when he's played this season (albeit that's only been 2 or 3 games).

Oh, and 2ND IN THE LEAGUE!

great to see them finally capitalising on other clubs bad results.

think i was going on about how this international break should tell a lot. not a whole pile has changed since the last one really. which is great news. chelsea, everton, spurs and city all to come with a sprinkling of west ham cardiff and maybe norwich i think before xmas. to be in top 4 at the turn of the year would be phenomenal

henderson has been top drawer so far

most entertaining opening to a season in a good few years. in a completely biased way the fact liverpool are 2nd has a lot to do with that i suppose

Hilarious article today asking WHY WAS PEP GUARDIOLA MEETING SUAREZ'S AGENT?

Because they're brothers, perhaps?

what a game. best i've seen in a long time. certainly best derby in a long time. fair result in the end to be fair. mirralas lucky to have stayed on in first half. dowd was clearly humming and hawing over decision. took him ages to produce the card.

joe allen should be shot. that was a woeful miss. aside from that, he was his usual ineffectual self.

glen johnson, how many cans was he after? he looked brain dead out there.

Only saw a picture of that tackle, and can't believe Mirralas wasn't sent off. If it was against any other player, surely, haha
Was a horrible tackle. I wonder if Miralas was holding a grudge from that nasty tackle he got from Suarez last year.

Not often you'd argue that a goalie was MOTM despite letting in 3

The ball was there to be won, it's the derby those kind of tackles are par for the course. Yellow was fair all things considered.

He should have brained Suarez for what he got up to last season.

Best game I've seen since the Champions league final. Better than last years Derby at Goodison and that's saying something.

Distin was probably our best player and he in spite of conceding 3 and Mignolet was definitely Liverpools. Brilliant game for the nuetral I'd imagine.

Happy with the result over all.

The ball was there to be won, it's the derby those kind of tackles are par for the course. Yellow was fair all things considered.
The ball was there to be won? On Suarez's knee, was it? It was a fucking horrendous tackle that left holes in Suarez's knee. There's no defending it.

The ball was there to be won? On Suarez's knee, was it? It was a fucking horrendous tackle that left holes in Suarez's knee. There's no defending it.
It was on Suarez so it's fine by me. Heh heh.

The ball wasn't on the ground it was at knee height if it had been on the floor he would have gone no question. It wasn't so it was enough doubt there to make it a yellow.

He could have gone for it alright you could see the ref talking into his mic thing for a while. I think it was the right decision in the end.

Unlike Suarez's two stamps on Distin and Miralles last season which were two clear bookings.;)

It was on Suarez so it's fine by me. Heh heh.

The ball wasn't on the ground it was at knee height if it had been on the floor he would have gone no question. It wasn't so it was enough doubt there to make it a yellow.

He could have gone for it alright you could see the ref talking into his mic thing for a while. I think it was the right decision in the end.

Unlike Suarez's two stamps on Distin and Miralles last season which were two clear bookings.;)
The ball wasn't in the same country by the time Kevin hit him. It was awful. There's no defending it.

The ball wasn't in the same country by the time Kevin hit him. It was awful. There's no defending it.
Yes there is, the ball was there to be won he went for the ball and mistimed his challenge, it's easy to defend it. It was ugly and late but it was an attempt to win the ball.

This however how do you defend this ? Explain to me how Suarez is going for the ball there ?

iHvvo5bLLinZE.gif

These things even themselves out. He should have gone and we were on top at the time in that match and would have gone on to win. Miralles might have gone yesterday and Liverpool probably might have won. Neither happened so fuck it. You're picking one incident out of the best match of the season when there's a lot more we could be talking about.

Like how neither of us can defend set pieces to save our fucking lives.

You makes points like a five year old. YEAH BUT YOUR LAD DID WORSER. Nonsense. It was an appalling challenge, with one intention: to maim. No-one is claiming that Luis is a goodytwoshoes. Read this thread and see Suarez get his when he deserves it, and boy, he's deserved it. No-one here has defended the indefensible. Your argument is risible. And yeah, I've no doubt when the ref looked down and saw Cheeky Luis, he thought to himself, yeah, tough shit, pal. Were it Coutinho or Lucas or Flanagan, Miralles would have walked.

Considering what Wes Orange was sent off for later in the day, Kevin is lucky he's not up in front of the beak.

And yeah, I'm picking that one incident out, because it was fucking assault. You're bringing up something that happened in another game in a different year and telling me I should be talking about the game that happened on Saturday? REALLY?

Fantastic match, had almost everything except the ubiquitous red card. It was a dreadful, reckless challenge that 100% warranted a dismissal. 'Ball there to be won' 'it was a strikers tackle' rhetoric goes right out the window when you fuck it up that badly. He had his eyes closed, left stud marks on Suarez's knee and Mirallas himself has admitted he fully expected to be have been given a red. End of.

Other than that, I thought we were going to pay big time for not having Sakho on the pitch to try and deal with Lukaku. If it weren't for Mignolet he might have had four against us, and as well as Agger and Skrtel work together they just don't have the same physicality as the Frenchman or even Toure. I though Flanagan was a pleasant surprise, rarely putting a foot wrong. I was cursing Rodgers for taking off Lucas for Sturridge when we went behind but I guess it levelled out in the end. A great derby, and hopefully we'lll get back to winning ways away to Hull next week. Last word for Joe Allen... disgrace.

Lucas doesn't look like a 90 minute player at the moment. Also, wasn't he away with Brazil? Dunno what it is, he played really well, but he's faded at the end of games.

I also think Sahko could have made a difference. Hopefully he'll be back next week. I think Skrtl could cool his jets for a while now.

Joe Allen...That "goal" could have transformed his season. It was a Diomede moment.

You makes points like a five year old. YEAH BUT YOUR LAD DID WORSER. Nonsense. It was an appalling challenge, with one intention: to maim. No-one is claiming that Luis is a goodytwoshoes. Read this thread and see Suarez get his when he deserves it, and boy, he's deserved it. No-one here has defended the indefensible. Your argument is risible. And yeah, I've no doubt when the ref looked down and saw Cheeky Luis, he thought to himself, yeah, tough shit, pal. Were it Coutinho or Lucas or Flanagan, Miralles would have walked.

Considering what Wes Orange was sent off for later in the day, Kevin is lucky he's not up in front of the beak.

And yeah, I'm picking that one incident out, because it was fucking assault. You're bringing up something that happened in another game in a different year and telling me I should be talking about the game that happened on Saturday? REALLY?
My argument was that the ball was there to be won, it was bad but there was enough to give him the benefit of the doubt and that these things even themselves out so you've no right to feel all that aggrieved .

You're just flying off the handle over nothing as usual don't worry I won't take it personally. Honestly Liverpool fans in general have some persecution complex but you take the cake.

You're probably right if it had been anyone else Miralles might have been sent off.

But fuck it, Suarez made his bed now he can roll around in it in agony for all any of the rest of us care.

Still a great match, last minute equaliser didn't even bother me all that much to be honest, it would have been harsh if either side had lost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back