new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

kelly would struggle to start with johnson playing well on the left and andre wisdom looking very impressive in the last few weeks
so only reina and lucas really

yesterday was a study in contrasting relationships with the officials. Unbelieveable, Jeff

I'd have taken a 2-2 draw before the match but that was a joke.

good to see BR is actually prepared to change the shape and style when necessary. some have recently suggested he is too inflexible but the shift to 3-5-2 at half time (and, admittedly, Mirallas going off) really stemmed the bleeding. I'd have thought we'd have someone more experienced on the right to help wisdom out. sterling is not ready for that. he was great through the middle in the second half though, he could end up being the solution to the striker problem.

yesterday was a study in contrasting relationships with the officials. Unbelieveable, Jeff

You're not wrong. How Suarez stayed on the pitch is fucking beyond me.

All in all a fair result I thought, we didn't start til we were 2 down and Shelvey added some much needed steel to you lot in the second half. The offside goal is fairly moot to me as Suarez should have been sent off way before that so honours even still can't help but feel that we are two Europa league standard sides though.
Your youngsters were absolutely brilliant. Coleman, and Miralles we're great for us. I'm going to end this post now before I mention Steven Gerrard.

See you in Anfield for attempt number 13 to finally win in the league there.

Bogey bastards.

I find it hard to believe that he would actually mean to do that considering the amount of talk around him and that kind of behavior on the pitch before the game. kind of reminded me of the kick in the guts he gave scott parker at home to spurs last year after 3 mins off the bench after an 8 match ban.

i dunno, maybe he really is that nuts.

quality footballer though. controversy aside. he was fuckin' brilliant yesterday

gotta be honest, and i'm no suarez apologist, but the distin thing had to be an accident. Sure, in super slo mo, he looks like a dastardly villain, but in real time he was just putting his foot down and he held his hands up straight away. By the same token i don't think torres meant to connect with cleverley either, and fair play to young Cleverley for getting back up. The yellow cards seems harsh but fair, an admonishment, neither was a sending off. Didn't see the stamp on Mirales, when did that happen?

Anyway, whether he meant it or not is conjecture and opinion. The goal is a matter of cold hard fact. We've had managers giving their opinion on Suarez, since the day he was born probably, but noone has come out and explained why the goal wasn't allowed have they?

gotta be honest, and i'm no suarez apologist, but the distin thing had to be an accident. Sure, in super slo mo, he looks like a dastardly villain, but in real time he was just putting his foot down and he held his hands up straight away. By the same token i don't think torres meant to connect with cleverley either, and fair play to young Cleverley for getting back up. The yellow cards seems harsh but fair, an admonishment, neither was a sending off. Didn't see the stamp on Mirales, when did that happen?

Anyway, whether he meant it or not is conjecture and opinion. The goal is a matter of cold hard fact. We've had managers giving their opinion on Suarez, since the day he was born probably, but noone has come out and explained why the goal wasn't allowed have they?

He got him in the first half with the same sort thing it was a booking and even if he didn't mean it, it was still way late and an utterly shite tackle to begin with. That's why he should have been off, he did it twice. I'm pretty sure he went in late on Jags too at some point and that could have been a booking as well. The frustrating thing about him and why I find it so hard to defend him is that he does these things when things aren't going his way and it makes them seem even more intentional we were on top and Miralles was running the show when he got him, he hadn't touched the ball for 10 minutes when he got Distin.

He's a bird brain. Great movement great strength brilliant with the ball at his feet, anyone would have him in their side in a second, but a bird brain none the less.

I thought Everton were very similar to Stoke anyway. Fellaini looks exactly like Crouch with an afro.

What ? We passed it brilliantly in the first half.

Second half we were "bypassing the midfield" a lot alright, but they had 6 players in there at one stage! You can call it route one if you want we'd call it adapting to the opposition. It's the main reason Arsenal can't beat teams like Stoke.

Just sayin like.

Ah it was Gerrard that said that was it ?

for the record

Everton enjoyed more possession than Liverpool (56.2% to 43.8%), made more passes (400 to 314), had greater passing accuracy (78.5% to 76.8%) and played proportionally fewer long passes (13.8% to 14.6%).

Still thought we lumped it forward more than I'd like though.

second half rodgers ceded the wings to everton in favour of dominating the centre of the pitch and so there were a lot of 2v1 situations out wide in Everton's favour, if anything it was LFC playing on the counter attack second half, but they were (I felt) much more effective at it and Sterling should have finished the game off when through on Howard. He'll learn from that though.

if we're playing the "what if" game, and suarez was off, then it would have ended 2-1 because the equalising goal came from a throw in that should have been liverpool's. Match point, Cattle. Touche.

second half rodgers ceded the wings to everton in favour of dominating the centre of the pitch and so there were a lot of 2v1 situations out wide in Everton's favour, if anything it was LFC playing on the counter attack second half, but they were (I felt) much more effective at it and Sterling should have finished the game off when through on Howard. He'll learn from that though.

Yeah good decision by BR to be fair, let them have it out wide where 2 of their best players of the season so far, Miralles and Pienaar are absent. Tactically both managers set out to win the game in the 2nd half the okay the quality dropped but that Stoke comment from Gerrard was just ridiculous. He's a right whiging little shite when he knows he's played shite. One free kick and then he was absent for the majority of the match. He's the new David Beckham. He also had a go at Neville for diving (Which to be fair was pure comedy. The pub I was in was still laughing about 10 minutes later). Steven fucking Gerrard having a go at anyone for diving ? He's losing it. He really is losing it.

Sterlings finish was poor but then Jelavics header from 6 yards was as bad and he has no excuse.

what was good about that was that rodgers isn't afraid to change his system.

We had 6 derby debutantes in there. I think that played a part. Also, Jones undid his decent performances last week with a real stinker. Shame.

what was good about that was that rodgers isn't afraid to change his system.

We had 6 derby debutantes in there. I think that played a part. Also, Jones undid his decent performances last week with a real stinker. Shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back