new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

it's gas, when he sold alonso, rafa had a better player right under his nose. instead of trying to replace xabi, he should have been looking for someone to take gerrards place next to torres up top. with 20 mil to spend.... he could have bought two kenwynne jones's and been a happy waiter.

Great to see Maxi get a run out.

I think we may have finally turned a corner and this might actually be our year.
and it's great to see relative youth get a run out. i mean el zhar is only 23, a child! that's the age torres was when he joined.

best performance i've seen in ages. grrrreat stuff, even maxi and insua played well. it's obvious, flaming obvious, that that works. 4-1 against portsmouth, 3-0 yesterday, no lucas to be seen. obvious, right? what odds that he'll change it back for the next 1-1 draw.

I am a big fan of Lucas, the lad has definitely progressed this season but I agree he needs to become Masch's understudy for the rest of the season.

Spurs have Man U, Chelsea and Arsenal to play. If they can grab 4 point from those 3 games you'd have to say they're home and dry. Villa are knackered and Man City are shaky. Still, it'll be a good end to the season.

yeah, i was trying to get enthused by the run in, it's exciting, games must be won, other results are paramount, and there's a cup run too! but however you break it down, it's a massive downer after last season.

It's a total downer but you get the feeling that a lot hinges on getting 4th place. Investors would be keener, Torres and Gerrard wouldn't be as easily tempted to leave. However, it might also mean Rafa will stay.

investors might be keener, but wouldn't the club be cheaper if they finished outside the top 4? if they spent a few mil on another striker to work with torres, a new left back, a winger who isn't a dick and told the rest to suck it in an improve, i can't see liverpool being outside the top four for more than one season. after this season, they know what needs to be done, right? ever just get the feeling rafa is doing it deliberately to show up the owners? this is what happens when you only give me 37million to spend. gimme more, or we'll get relegated...

Do what Rafa did then and sell 37 million worth of players.

I was gonna say the same thing, but they while we legitimately benefitted from the Real Madrid splurge, Everton got £25m (or something like that) for Joleon Lescott. Where did that money go? Lescott's absence had nothing to do with Everton's appaling start to the season.

Riera is on his way out for 6m and was bought for 8m I think. Though I have no idea whether either of those figures were pounds or euro start with. Either way a small loss, and a big disappointment after a good first season and we once again have no left wingers at the club.

Liverpool need more than anything else to invest in a big vat of confidence serum to help their incredibly weak mentality.

I was gonna say the same thing, but they while we legitimately benefitted from the Real Madrid splurge, Everton got £25m (or something like that) for Joleon Lescott. Where did that money go? Lescott's absence had nothing to do with Everton's appaling start to the season.

Moyes claimed after Everton beat City recently that he felt that all the arseing about over Lescott at the start of the season had a seriously destabilising effect on the squad.

£9 mill of the Lescott money went on Billy the Russian, £6 million on Heitinga, another 5 on Distan. So Moyes got to use most of the proceeds from the Lescott sale to bring in new players. Okay the first one mentioned had arrived prior to the Lescott sale but it's plausible he was bought in the knowledge that Lescott would be going and that's where the money for him came from.

well, you assume that everton had other money to spend, that their entire xfer budget wasn't based on the lescott sale. great bit of business, all the same.

with riera, espanyol wnated 11, and a couple of teams were in for him, but he said the only team he would move to was liverpool and they wouldn't go over 8, so espanyol had to settle for 8. so we lucked out there, could have been a 5 mil loss. anyway, he hasn't gone yet, has he?

confidence serum? you mean a new manager, right?

confidence serum? you mean a new manager, right?

We don't need one if the players can just remember how good they actually are. It's funny how almost every report from the sunderland game mentioned rafa 'finally taking the shackles off' as if that's the reason we've been shite all season. The display on sunday has a lot more to do with a few players managing to pass to a team mate for a change, gerrard actually remembering how to play and the form of a certain no. 9.

We don't need one if the players can just remember how good they actually are. It's funny how almost every report from the sunderland game mentioned rafa 'finally taking the shackles off' as if that's the reason we've been shite all season. The display on sunday has a lot more to do with a few players managing to pass to a team mate for a change, gerrard actually remembering how to play and the form of a certain no. 9.
dunno, i think it had a lot to do with going out as 442, lucas off the pitch, and gerrard in the middle. there'sno way benny will keep that formation for the away games and we'll be back to square one. they can beat fucking anyone, if they're let.

dunno, i think it had a lot to do with going out as 442, lucas off the pitch, and gerrard in the middle. there'sno way benny will keep that formation for the away games and we'll be back to square one. they can beat fucking anyone, if they're let.

The 442 with Gerrard in the centre is how the team should be playing, Rafa really should know better than to try and get gerrard to play as a second striker by now, he's far more influential in the centre of the field with yossi or dirk as the support for torres, hopefully they'll do a good job tonight and go all out in the first 15 mins of each half and try to get at least one away goal, 1-1 to night and I'd be pretty happy with that going into the home game, It's easy to knowck the Europa League, but if this could be the only way to get in the Champions League then they have to really go all out to win it

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back