new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

our turn over last year was £80 million and our debt didn't go down at all. .

Turnover is one thing but how much profit did ye make? And where did it go? Liverpool's wage bill isn't actually that big, I'd say Torres and Gerrard are the only ones getting over a hundred grand a week, I think we only have the fifth or sixth highest wage bill in the PL.

Really who's higher? It was Pompey and Newcastle a few years ago, I can only find figures from 2008 but back then ours was about £44 million. Which is probably the same now but way too high. Our profits that year was a measily 26 grand, If the stadium had gone ahead we could have made £6 million a year in profit and been out of debt in about six or seven years. In theory. I emphasise theory.

that year only Spurs, WBA, Fulham, Arsenal, and ourselves made any profit. Arsenal have to be the made £36 mil profit but were £400 mil in debt, and they're supposed to be the model club financially.

Here's the link. Makes for interesting reading. Liverpool's records weren't released by the club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/jun/03/english-premier-league-debt

Amazingly Uniteds losses that year alone were more than our entire debt. I just don't understand how we're struggling so badly. Do they have a cheat like in championship manager ? Ah fuck it.

Anyway I'd fucking love to see them go tits up and Rooney return on a free transfer. That's the dream anyway.

riera has a pop a rafa..... chelsea chase torres... it's depressing out there. rafa out, money in....god it's all fucked. cry.

riera off to cska moskva right this minute? that was quick.
sets a precedent though, now all the others know how to get out of there.
fucks sake rafa, sort it out.

Riera ? no great loss though.

Torres losing his cool, Gerrard hiding in midfield and worse still a few time Kyut didn't bother tracking back. This would really upset me if I was a pool fan. For all his faults you could never say he didn't work hard. This is a bad bad omen. Next Mascherano will be drifting out to the wings and letting lads walk by him and Glen Johnson will be sticking to his defensive duties.

Whatever happened to El Zhar? Not that he was jinky. And what the fuck is up with Maxi getting loads of games? The guy can't pass 10 yards in front of him.

Whatever happened to El Zhar? Not that he was jinky. And what the fuck is up with Maxi getting loads of games? The guy can't pass 10 yards in front of him.
and why start him against che neville? not only would pace, i.e. babel, have given him a pain in the hole, it would have meant that valencia would have tracked back and given insua some space. jesus, insua is terrible. hansen finally broke with tradition and slaughtered him on motd2. and rightly so.

i dont think insua is all that bad, he's had a better season than most regulars in the team, maxi is brutal, he was only bought to keep masch at the club coz they're good mates and he wants out of Engerland.

Hansan's a clown, good player back in his day but a proper moron,

cannot understand why rafa doesn't play stevie g in central midfield with aquilani instead of trying to use him as a 2nd striker which he isn't, then again, to me it looks like rafa has lost the backing of certain players, like gerrard, carragher, benyoun and we desperately need imaginative players like gerrard & benyoun when things are going bad

'pool were fantastic today, coulda been more and delighted that rafa has copped on and plaed gerrard in a central meidfield role instead or playin him as a second striker, if they keep their ocnfidence up they'll make 4th, YNWA

Nice to gain to put the memorey of that ridiculous game earlier in the season behind us, but quite surprised how confident and hungry we seemed. Love to think they'll go on a run now and sneak fourth but Spurs are the team to catch and they ain't faltering yet.

best performance i've seen in ages. grrrreat stuff, even maxi and insua played well. it's obvious, flaming obvious, that that works. 4-1 against portsmouth, 3-0 yesterday, no lucas to be seen. obvious, right? what odds that he'll change it back for the next 1-1 draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back