new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

first off we do a raffle. insua, lucas and dirk will all be the lucky winners of a mountain bike each. the mountain bikes will be located in a basement ante room, deep under the recesses of the centenary stand. once they enter the room, all smiling and aglow with anticipation, you must, silently of course, shoot each one in the back of the head, katyn style. feed their useless, lithe corpses to my new number two, Jan Molby. after that, we'll move forward at a cracking pace, you'll see.

real being knocked out of the big tin is good news, pelligrini is on borrowed time and they want rafa. please god.

more guff: torres to leave, if fourth isn't achieved or five quality players aren't brought in.
oh christ, can i stop caring?

you ever had a boss you couldn't stand? rafa's problem is his autism. when it's going good, great, he's got clever insights into the opposition, when it's going poorly, well, what can he do? he can't talk to the players, he can't "throw the arm around the shoulder" as they say. they have no confidence in themselves, by their own admission, and therefore none in him i would imagine. for gerrard to look arond and wonder why the best midfielder is at right back, and maxi rodriguez gets game after game to settle in and aquilani doesn't must be baffling and frustrating. there's no logic to benitez any more. he tells the team not to lose, not "thsi is wigan, they've no wins in 9, they're shite, we came second last year, this time a year ago we beat man united and real madrid in 4 days and scored 8 goals doing it, go out there and kick heir holes." or as shankley would say "just throw 11 shirts on the pitch". he instills fear. i mean, 7 home draws last season..7!

I agree with everything you have to say here. Still that performance against Wigan showed a lack of pride rather than confidence. I thought you'd turned the corner against us. They were spirited and won the ugly way. I thought you'd play that way til the end of the season, heart on sleeve, fight for everything, dogfight kind of stuff. Qualify for the CL with points to spare and do the "crisis what crisis" thing in the papers all summer, but that Wigan performance was as bad as I've ever seen by any side ever shite manager or nay.

Bet Portsmouth put up more of a fight and get a draw later.

I am 45 but have never seen Liverpool score 3 goals in a game or have 2 men inside a penalty box, Rafa for manager of the year,,,,maybe a new contract?

Good result but let's face it pompey were shite. I think Aquilani definitely brought a bit more football to the side and both Babel and Maxi had pretty good games. About time Babel bucked up his attitude too, at least now you can see he's making an effort. On the downside there was yet more evidence that there's something not right with Gerrard, he should have walked for that assault on Brown and on top of that he missed a good few chances he'd normally stick away. Hopefully now we can get a win on thursday and bring a bit of confidence into the utd game.

michael brown is a dirty cunt, and he threw his elbow into gerrards chest, it's pretty obvious. really, has there been a dirty fucker than michael brown in the last 10 years? no way anyone would ever get sent off for sticking an elbow into that cunts neck.

liverpool's best performance of the season.

dirk and lucas not on the pitch.

coninkydink?

Where do you lot stand on it though ?

We've been looking for a buyer for the last ten years now for the last five it's been an imperative to go any further. I think our debt is somewhere around 50 million. A drop in the ocean compared to yours but we probably would only need a fraction of the cash you need to start going in the right direction. (Moyes can actually sign decent players). Were owned buy a bunch of actual fans though with Kenright in the driving seat. I'd hate to see him replaced by some Abramovic type but even he says that's what's required.

How much would be enough to for you lot to compete do you reckon? If another Sheik came along would you go for it ? Concidering the sheer size of the fan base would the Barcelona model of club ownership be out of the question ? Maybe Share Liverpool FC could reform ?

http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk/

I mean it's not your short of a broad middle class / affluent fan base who could afford it.

I just can't understand how you've gotten into this mess.

And don't say it's Rafas fault the clubs been mismanaged since the mid ninties as far as I can tell.

the clubs been mismanaged since the mid ninties as far as I can tell.

You have hit the nail on the head there, we have been slipping behind the likes of utd and arsenal from a business point of view for a long time and in fairness to our current owners they know this and have improved us greatly in this area, one of the few things they seem to have done correctly. In relation to a new owner I'd be happy enough if someone came in with a least a medium term vision such as 10 years as opposed to our current owners who thought they could build a stadium straight away and make a killing in a few years without actually putting any money in. If a new owner could run us debt free or as close to that as possible this would allow our yearly profits to be invested in the team as opposed to paying off debt interest which it is mainly doing at the moment. Also they would need to secure financing for the new stadium which would be much easier without our current level of debt. Obviously the interest on that loan would need to be paid but at least it would be going towards something that would potentially double our matchday revenue once the stadium is finished so within two to three years. I really don't think we need a billionaire who's going to pump hundreds of millions into the side.

Scarily similar to my feelings about Everton our turn over last year was £80 million and our debt didn't go down at all. If we could even give Moyes a quarter of that to spend on players/new contracts we'd be fine. This season with no cup run and no europe we're basically fucked and will probably have to sell players like Rodwell, it's amazing to me that Liverpool or United can afford to keep plyers like Torres and Rooney when lads like Babel or Berbatov must be costing them a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back