new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

Nice to see Reina putting pen to paper, he's only going to get better for the club.

So with just less than a month left we have a european semi-final to look forward to, an unlikely to achieve 4th place battle on our hands and a fixture that may or may not affect the destination of the title (bittersweat though it is). Is this going to be another papering over of the cracks end to a season or will there be truly significant changes in the Summer? As much as i'll be enjoying the last few games (the home fixtures anyway on current form) i can't help wondering if a grandstand finish will be a poisoned chalice, another opportunity for Mr Benitez to frustrate us and ruin te teams potential again. ho hum, should be used to it by now i guess.

there's a parallel with houllier here, he got knocked out of the champs league at the group stage by drawing with basel, and the team fell to pieces, failed to qualify for the cl and that was pretty much the end of him, albeit a season later. he got sacked cos 4th place, though groovy, was no longer enough. now we don't even have that. the real danger here is that if city get fourth, and cl football, they'll be able to attract more big players and liverpool will fall further back.

Nice to see Reina putting pen to paper, he's only going to get better for the club.

So with just less than a month left we have a european semi-final to look forward to, an unlikely to achieve 4th place battle on our hands and a fixture that may or may not affect the destination of the title (bittersweat though it is). Is this going to be another papering over of the cracks end to a season or will there be truly significant changes in the Summer? As much as i'll be enjoying the last few games (the home fixtures anyway on current form) i can't help wondering if a grandstand finish will be a poisoned chalice, another opportunity for Mr Benitez to frustrate us and ruin te teams potential again. ho hum, should be used to it by now i guess.

Rafael-Benitez-001.jpg

Rats. Didn't see the game but I gather we were toothless without Nando again. Schwarzer was in great form I believe, but there's just no way we deserve 4th this season. Let the battle for 5th commence!

as qualification for the champions league is now not going to happen, that means that the yanks have to sell the entire club right now or there will be no money to spend and liverpool will fall further behind. wenger might even spend some money, spurs probably will again. massive investment this summer or next summer, when we're sixth again, expect nando and others to leave. it's fairly ridiculous that it's come to this, not qualifying for a tournament meaning annihilation of the club. not exactly a leeds situation...but maybe. they need to sell now. or it's over. the only plus is that, with some investment, there might be a challenge next year as united are going to have to go through transition and chelsea can't go on for ever. top four might be up for grabs again next season. difference is that those two are in the cl and if they need to they'll spend.

paying the price for not having brought through a player in ten years here.

Rats. Didn't see the game but I gather we were toothless without Nando again. Schwarzer was in great form I believe, but there's just no way we deserve 4th this season. Let the battle for 5th commence!
you'd almost feel sorry for rafa. 63% of the possession. but he didn't start benny or kuyt, which is weird when torres isn't there. and lucas plays one of his best games for the club on thurs and gets dropped. how very odd. aquaman looked good for the 20 minutes or whatever he was let play.

Pompey aren't eligable for a UEFA licence and United have won the Carling Cup, losing finalists of which, unlike the FA Cup, don't get the Europa league spot for the competition in the event of a CL qualifying team winning it. So 5th ,6th & 7th will all qualify for Europe next season.

Pompey aren't eligable for a UEFA licence and United have won the Carling Cup, losing finalists of which, unlike the FA Cup, don't get the Europa league spot for the competition in the event of a CL qualifying team winning it. So 5th ,6th & 7th will all qualify for Europe next season.
the dream is back on! two europa leagues in a row!! only perennial underachievers sevill ahve managed it before!! the real mark of imperfection.come on rafa, you can do it!!

so glad this palaver over 4th is over, and we can concentrate on what we do best, winning knockout competitions. or going out in the semis. whatever.

Isn't this the lad we were being linked with in one of the last few transfer windows? Some people are calling this the goal of the season in Spain, which is a bit rough on Lionel Messi. Nice footwork though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Torres being out for the season and Villa leap frogging us into 6th is a gloomy start to the week. Please give us something to shout about tonight lads (although playing a footballing side battling for survival is far from ideal.) How about giving Dani Pacheco 45 minutes after the goals fail to materialize huh? Come on Rafa. Why the fuck not?

Is Rafa out not the main wish ?

No no no. The parasitic owners out is far more important. This has been a shocking season and Rafa responsible for it in large part but a club in that much turmoil off the pitch was never going to have a good season - and they are in much bigger trouble than last season when they did have a good season. Add that to the general lacklustre attitude of the squad, injuries and late goals all piling up at the key points and a bad season keeps getting worse. If Rafa goes with new owners so be it, but fuck me getting rid of those cunts and getting someone in to actually run the club rather than run it into the ground is far more important.

No no no. The parasitic owners out is far more important. This has been a shocking season and Rafa responsible for it in large part but a club in that much turmoil off the pitch was never going to have a good season - and they are in much bigger trouble than last season when they did have a good season. Add that to the general lacklustre attitude of the squad, injuries and late goals all piling up at the key points and a bad season keeps getting worse. If Rafa goes with new owners so be it, but fuck me getting rid of those cunts and getting someone in to actually run the club rather than run it into the ground is far more important.

Gillett's comments to the WSJ last week must be making pool's fans blood boil.

"Liverpool will be the most profitable investment I've ever made.

"I should make four times my money. There's a strong business rationale."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back