new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

I'd still like to think that Benitez will make one more attacking purchase, and no prizes for guessing who. But in light of pre-season niggles to both Agger and Skrtel I think the focus is going to quickly swing towards defensive cover. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Distin coming in. P.S. How fucked are Portsmouth looking this season?

Just heard that Off the Ball are offering a chance to play 15 minutes alongside the Liverpool Legends team that is taking on Drogheda next week. The team includes: Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, John Aldridge, Bruce Grobbelaar, Gary Gillespie, Phil Babb, Steven Staunton, Michael Thomas, Don Hutchinson, Ian Rush, Garry McAllister, Jim Beglin and Mike Marsh.

Hector?!

Just heard that Off the Ball are offering a chance to play 15 minutes alongside the Liverpool Legends team that is taking on Drogheda next week. The team includes: Ray Houghton, Ronnie Whelan, John Aldridge, Bruce Grobbelaar, Gary Gillespie, Phil Babb, Steven Staunton, Michael Thomas, Don Hutchinson, Ian Rush, Garry McAllister, Jim Beglin and Mike Marsh.

Hector?!
ha! i'm going to that game, so i'll just jump the hoarding and right onto the pitch.

Any Italians ever do a job in England apart from Zola?

Ravanelli maybe.....

Very Few. even fewer the further north you go . We had Matterazzi for a while when he was Shite. He was a bit of craic. Actually what the fuck am i doing here.

Oh yeah just Checking how Y'all are doing without Alonso. he was a fine Player i Have to admit it. Can't see Aquillani doing it. he'll be wearing gloves and scarves by october

Seems as though he won't be fit until then anyway! He's not expected to have fully recovered from his ankle surgery for 4-8 weeks.

Another midfield signing?...

I certainly hope so, Defour would be nice and another centre half would be handy too seen as the three we have are injured. Well at least Lucas has started banging them in!

I certainly hope so, Defour would be nice and another centre half would be handy too seen as the three we have are injured. Well at least Lucas has started banging them in!

Lucas played well today and I would imagine Benitez has him firmly in the plans. Took his goal well too. Johnson looked impressive, he's really tenacious in the tackle too.

Carragher should be fit for the opener apparently, which is just as well as the youngsters San Jose and Ayala looked terrified out there this afternoon.

Hector?!
you know what, i couldn't have done any worse than that lad. hot dang, i should have entered that competition.

Lucas played well today and I would imagine Benitez has him firmly in the plans. Took his goal well too. Johnson looked impressive, he's really tenacious in the tackle too.

Carragher should be fit for the opener apparently, which is just as well as the youngsters San Jose and Ayala looked terrified out there this afternoon.

In fairness they were up against quality in Forlan and Aguero. Forlans movement and passing in particular was brilliant not to mention his finish for the 2nd goal...but yeah the two lads looked so scared they couldnt even put boot to ball to clear their lines at times.

i posted a few pages back that i reckon Lucas is coming good.

Kelly looked very good again. Play him centre half...thats his position after all.

N'gog again impressed me. Such pace.

I think the fans need to really get behind Lucas this season, he's had a good pre season and he's now set for a run in team so it's pretty much now or never for him to show us what he can do. I'm backing him to come good too.

Liverpool performance until Yossi came on. Disgrace.

Dowd. Bottler.

Carragher, disgrace.

Yep.

Torres and Gerrard waaayy off the pace as well. Babel utterly peripheral. Lucas was desperately ordinary. I don't think you can have him and the Masch across the middle and expect anything to happen creatively. If Stevie's going to drop that deep in any case, you might as well stick Benayoun on from the start and let him sit in the hole.

Agger and Skrtel should really be first choice in the center of defence at this point. If it was anybody other than Carra this would have happened last year.

What galls me is Benitez's utter lack of will to just say fuck it and actually chase a game. Why not take Lucas off over Babel when bringing on benayoun? Much of a muchness in terms of impact, would weaken you somewhat defensively and leave you open on the counter, but at least there'd be a bit of forward momentum.

Only one game though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back