new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Yep.
What galls me is Benitez's utter lack of will to just say fuck it and actually chase a game. Why not take Lucas off over Babel when bringing on benayoun? Much of a muchness in terms of impact, would weaken you somewhat defensively and leave you open on the counter, but at least there'd be a bit of forward momentum.

In fairness, Liverpool won more points than anyone else from losing positions last year, so he's hardly going to change the approach.

Dire stuff overall though, fucking hell. If Babel's not going to turn up this year, we're a bit fucked. Torres looked absolutely jaded.
Johnson looked great though, a regular threat in the second half when we copped on a bit. Nice to see Benayoun slip back into last season's form immediately, if only a few more of the players had done that.

Liverpool played this badly at the start of last season too, only they got away with it against Standard cos Reina saved a penno. And we would have got away with if we had been awarded the second penalty for the clear foul on Voronin but the referee lacked the character to award two penalties to the away team, especially in a game they played so rankly in.

Its galling also that some journalists take to saying denying the fact that its an obvious penalty in order to grind some axe of theirs, and finish it with "Liverpool wouldn't have deserved a point" yet had they drawn, they would have said its the mark of a good team to get points when they play badly.

I'm not too worried by one result, as us Pool geeks will know, beating Stoke would leave us with a better return from the equivalent games last year and the dwindling standards of sports journalism clearly worry me more.

Still, they were shite and Spurs were very god, fair play to them.

liverpool: disgrace.

full backs were okay, riena, as ever....
didn't realise gerrard was on the pitch til he scored. they all looked leggy and well off the pace. pre season has been all over the place with injuries and court cases and whatnot. really showed.as the man says, however, got second with a record number of points and lost this fixture last season...so...still on for second.

In fairness, Liverpool won more points than anyone else from losing positions last year, so he's hardly going to change the approach.

Yeah, but we also lost the league from sticking to the plan and drawing game after game against opposition we should have crushed. I'd rather drop the occasional three than haemorrhage another twenty this year that could be potentially easily avoided by taking the game to teams that don't want to play us.

Yeah, but we also lost the league from sticking to the plan and drawing game after game against opposition we should have crushed. I'd rather drop the occasional three than haemorrhage another twenty this year that could be potentially easily avoided by taking the game to teams that don't want to play us.
it' a fair point, but it doesn't apply to the spurs game, cos they took the match to the pool from the start. uless rafa brought on zidane and pele, we were never getting back into that game, so utterly shit were we. we'll see now against stoke whether he's learnt that lesson.

anyone at the game in Dalymount last night?
Poor enough game. Pacheco, Nemeth, Palsson, Mavinga and Steven Irwin looked decent. Final ball left Pool down until Pacheco picked substitute Nemeth out beautifully for the 1st goal, then showed quick feet to win a peno for the 2nd which he dispatched himself.
Good money spinner for Bohs i'd imagine...which i'm not sure is a good thing :D

I reckon Pool will play only slightly better tomorrow night, as form/fitness/injuries aren't going to get fixed over night. I just hope we manage to get the 3 points to stop the press going on one of their write-off rants. Saturday was just muck for so many reasons, but it's only the first game so I'm not going to dwell on it too much. Benayoun really needs to start the next one, and hopefully if Riera is fit the two of them can get Torres interested. Worryingly Skrtel is supposedly out for two weeks whilst Carragher's not.

so after a shit first game, we're now 2 points and four goals better off than the corresponding fixtures last season. so...so... what do we know?

cormo, you'll be pleased to know that ngog scored.

seb leto scored a keeeeeeeracker for pana tonight as well, in what was an enjoyable game.

Yeah saw that, Ngog for president!

Aguero's goal for Atletico was better than Leto's, that new guy for Lyon scored a belter too, but tonight is all about Bodnar for Debrecen, HOLY SHIT!

Haha, just saw Vukcevic got sent off last night for second yellow card for taking his shirt off in a goal celebration, amazing!

i've heard that's everton.

michael turner didn't look like 12 million worth of defender yesterday, did he now?

Yeah saw that, Ngog for president!

Aguero's goal for Atletico was better than Leto's, that new guy for Lyon scored a belter too, but tonight is all about Bodnar for Debrecen, HOLY SHIT!

Haha, just saw Vukcevic got sent off last night for second yellow card for taking his shirt off in a goal celebration, amazing!

stay the fuck out of punx....i mean liverpool thread

johno and insua did very well last night and yossis movement was superb...were you watching babel or are you still in hiding at white hart lane?

le tiss said it was the best game he saw lucas play.

it's good some young 'uns are finally coming through. ayala didn't fuck up, so that's a plus. insua looks class and ngog has as many goals as torres. be nice for rafa to finally blood a youth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back