new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

niko kranjar from portsmouth to spurs...2.5 mil. fuck all. why wasn't rafa in there with a bid, he's fancied him for a while and niko is a quality player..
also, stephen appiah is still free, he'd be a decent acquisition. better than lucas for a start.

Hey guys, I tried to get UEFA to extend their deliberations over the Eduardo incident, and concurrently Cormcolash's loan deal with the Arsenal FC thread; but I'm afraid they wouldn't entertain the idea. I'm going to see if I can stir up some distractions on the Celtic thread but rumour has it that it's going to be closed due to lack of interest until May at the earliest.

How dare you insult Celtic on an internet forum? It's a disgrace and you should be banned immediately! Liverpool threads have already set the precedent, no piss-taking is allowed on the football forum, this is serious business for serious people only, like Babel, Agger, and Ngog.

Unfortunately you're still really falling down on the funny part of taking the piss. Interestingly, the words 'falling' 'down' and 'funny' are of late quite appropriate when it comes to talking about one Aidan McGeady. As for taking the piss, remember - it's wrong to steal Carling even if you still feel robbed about a tie you weren't even in at the time.

niko kranjar from portsmouth to spurs...2.5 mil. fuck all. why wasn't rafa in there with a bid, he's fancied him for a while and niko is a quality player..
also, stephen appiah is still free, he'd be a decent acquisition. better than lucas for a start.

Because Liverpool have literally no money to buy players (let alone buy a stadum) and are hamstrung by the fucking lying clowns who Moores and Parry sold the club to.

When those rumours broke about two weeks ago that Liverpool only £1.5m in their transfer kitty they were exactly true.

Yes even with selling Robbie Keane for £13-15m, Alonso for £30m, Arbeloa for £3.5m, Leto for maybe a £1.5m, much of Johnson's fee being ritten off from Crouch's fee to Pompey and Roma being paid as little as £5m upfront for Aquilani, Liverpool have no more money to spend on players.

YANKS OUT. Last season let me believe we could put that problem to one side for the time being... I was well wrong.

i've heard a rumour that the reason they gave so little money to rafa was because the club is about to be sold. i fucking hope so.

the babel situation asks a bigger question.. what is it with benitez and young players. babel's a real talent, or at least he was. he's not come on under benitez at all. no one has. he's bought 3,457 young players in the last 5 years and only one of them has made an impression. this season daniel ayala comes in, does pretty well, and gets replaced by a 30 year old clogger. is kyriagkos really better than any of the kids at liverpool? is voronin better than the nascent talents of pachecho and nemeth. even ngog?

when babel came on against villa he was the only one who looked to shoot, however appallingly. if he got some games, he'd improve, but he never gets a chance to improve on his game. i think when rafa sells him, he'll grow into himself it'll be a juve-henry situation.

ryan never really recovered from breaking his ankle, missing euro 2008 and going to the olympics instead. rafa never forgave him. oh, rafa showed him who is boss last season. i think rafa should shoulder his portion of the blame in ryans lack of progress.

meanwhile, can we really afford to lose another player?

Ryan Babel's problem is that he's a fucking stoner who's more concerned with rapping that ratling the onion bag. What's he going to do when he gets the ball... hmmmm..., heavy touch, cut inside from the left and bang one hopelessly wide.

OK, I guess the fact that he spent two years doing press releases saying he wanted to be a striker may be part of the reason he's so uninterested, but really, is Benitez to blame or was he just one in long long line of Dutch U-21 flashes in the pan?

Plus this whole "I'll might miss out on the World Cup" shit is so annoying - you'd be in the Liverpool team if you didn't fluff your lines every single time you were given a chance. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm indeed.

And yeh, I don't know if Kyrgiakos will end up being better than Ayala. Like what in gods name did we sign Dossena, Degen for last summer? They made no impact and both have ended up being replaced.

Rafa constantly brought on El Zhar at the start of last year when we were forcing wins out of average performances, now he brings on the Voronater, when Pacheco really has the look of a younger Yossi twisting and turning defences all over the shop.

Hmmmmmmmmm indeed!

Whenever Babel does get a game he shows very little. We can't afford to carry him for 5 or 6 games hoping he finds his stride. Seems to me he does wants to earn a chance in the side he just wants in on a plate. He said he didn't even realise he wasn't in the recent dutch squad until he got called up to replace someone who got injured. The fact that he didn't even consider he could be dropped says it all really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back