new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Not quite. Actual quote - 'I'd just told everyone in the office that David Ngog is rubbish - too easy. The French striker controls Javier Mascherano's mis-hit shot from outside the box, turns neatly and slots a shot into the far corner from about 10 yards. Wish I was that rubbish.'

The lad's only just turned 20 you know.

Yeah thats the one alright. Personally I wish him all the best. The only time i've seen him he's been thrown into the mix near the end of tight games and can't get to the pace of the game. Remember when Thierry Henry was fucking rubbish?

tumbleweed_small.jpg

Awful awful first half last night. Reckon we'll still get through but they've gone and made the group stage much more difficult than it had need be. At least the other games will be a bit more exciting now!

88 min match analysis

Not a great match but then again after watching Arsenal every match seems an anti climax these days...
Liverpool were toothless and lacked creativity upfront until Benayoun came on...Gerard and Torres have been decidedly average and Johnson whose been in great form hasn't shone either, Chelsea are typical Chelsea, workman like and hard to break down, when they scored Liverpool heads dropped as if they knew the enormity of what lay ahead.

2-0.
Highlight of the game was when Malouda and Co. ran over to celebrate in front of the Chelsea fans you could see 2 pals in plain neutral clothes shaking their heads in disgust, obviously Liverpool fans who had ended up taken Chelsea end tickets. :)

/nice touch after the game
Malouda giving the ballboy his top

2-0.
Highlight of the game was when Malouda and Co. ran over to celebrate in front of the Chelsea fans you could see 2 pals in plain neutral clothes shaking their heads in disgust, obviously Liverpool fans who had ended up taken Chelsea end tickets. :)

/nice touch after the game
Malouda giving the ballboy his top

Yeah there (whisper it) seems to be less of an air of arrogance about some of the Chelsea players this season, its making it harder to despise them (still despise them though) your day was pretty well summed up by Yossis last minute miss, just ttally misfiring at the moment When's Aquallanni expected there is just no invention in the last third. I'd offer Pirlo a fucking fortune in january if I where Rafa.

arrrrrrrrrrrgh! fuck sake. rafa is so methodical and precise, isn't he? how can he not see the flaming fucking obvious. lucas made the mistake for the first goal, carragher couldn't keep up with anelka and badda bing. for the second carragher was made look a monkey. he's shot his bolt, the poor lad. it doesn't look good. riera was a disgrace, sleepwalking his way through the game. why doesn't rafa make decisions earlier? fucking frustration. the obvious weak link cost the game (i.e. lucas) when it was trundling toward a everyone's-content-to-a-degree nil nil. these are the minutia that decide games. the kid ain't got it. it's fucking obvious.

arrrrrrrrrrrgh! fuck sake. rafa is so methodical and precise, isn't he? how can he not see the flaming fucking obvious. lucas made the mistake for the first goal, carragher couldn't keep up with anelka and badda bing. for the second carragher was made look a monkey. he's shot his bolt, the poor lad. it doesn't look good. riera was a disgrace, sleepwalking his way through the game. why doesn't rafa make decisions earlier? fucking frustration. the obvious weak link cost the game (i.e. lucas) when it was trundling toward a everyone's-content-to-a-degree nil nil. these are the minutia that decide games. the kid ain't got it. it's fucking obvious.

Well the question remains who have you got to bring in and pass the ball in midfield? Carragher is looking old alright but at least he's still giving it his all. Riera would spend the next month washing the showers with a toothbrush if i was in charge. Benayoun should have started but apart from him I don't see a lot in your squad who can come on and change games.

Bring Gerrard back to centre midfield and play Benni in Gerrards role. Or Babel. Or play two up front with Torres & Kyut who cant seem to get dropped no matter how often he gives the ball away and play a flat midfield. Even Aurelio in the centre of midfield. Fucking anything but what's happening right now. Lucas is not up to it and I dont know how many games Benitez needs to realise this. A million?

Well the question remains who have you got to bring in and pass the ball in midfield? Carragher is looking old alright but at least he's still giving it his all. Riera would spend the next month washing the showers with a toothbrush if i was in charge. Benayoun should have started but apart from him I don't see a lot in your squad who can come on and change games.

Bring Gerrard back to centre midfield and play Benni in Gerrards role. Or Babel. Or play two up front with Torres & Kyut who cant seem to get dropped no matter how often he gives the ball away and play a flat midfield. Even Aurelio in the centre of midfield. Fucking anything but what's happening right now. Lucas is not up to it and I dont know how many games Benitez needs to realise this. A million?

This seems to the the general consensus with all pool fans but I never thought much of Gerrard in that role. Lucas has to go. I thought he'd never be seen in a red shirt again after he got sent off against us in the cup and basically got you lot knocked out.

aquilani will make a difference, but i'd rather see jay spearing play in a game like that than lucas, at least he'd give it loads. lucas plays a different game, at a different pace. i'm sure he'd blossom in a slower league, he may yet become a terrific player, but it was a fairly typical lucas-getting-shunted-off-the-ball moment, which he's always, ALWAYS at, against a team that will punish that kind of shit, and suddenly liverpool are down, even though they've been better and chelsea were never really in control of that game. after that it's a walk in the park for those cunts. i'm glad we were 2 down when benny missed that chance. if that could have been the equaliser, we'd be calling for his balls too. but why didn't he start????

This seems to the the general consensus with all pool fans but I never thought much of Gerrard in that role. Lucas has to go. I thought he'd never be seen in a red shirt again after he got sent off against us in the cup and basically got you lot knocked out.
gerrard would just take it for the team. maybe he's no andrea pirlo or even xabi, who can sit that deep and ping balls around rhytmically, he's more, us, dynamic and thrusting and taking the game by the scruff kind of player, but teh thing is, with alonso not there, he's not seeing as much of the ball, he would be better off dropping back and trying to dictate, or coming from deep into the box, and more to the point he wouldn't get pushed off the ball. lucas was deeper than masch for most of the game, which utterly negates his usefulness. he's supposed to be the link up dude. benitez has shown admirable loyality toward the boy, but where was that for babel, who's a better player (or bellamy, gonzales, et fucking cetera...). i mean, rafa told torres to cop on. torres!

as for the own goal, just ask john arne riise what happens when you do that kind of crazy shit.

yeah, gerrard is useless without the ball. at this rate he should go in goal, that seems to be where all the ball is these days.
was it masch? really? cunt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back