new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

Scott Brown is class. He'd cost more than you could pay right now though I reckon.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/8182662.stm

Pish. Liverpool's financial state is no different to Man U's or Real Madrid's. Banks will also refinance those type's of successful footballing institutions. The ownership situation is far from ideal at the moment as is well documented, but there is still easily enough of a budget to buy someone like Brown. Celtic will be more likely to need the cash when they miss out on the Champions League pot. edit: Sorry if they miss out. If...

pissy little clubs like celtic can't ask for top dollar for even their good players because they're so pissy and little.

arf.

Rather have a club debt of around 5 million than 200 and whatever million.
It's not like Celtic or teams like that could compete with Premier League clubs anyway considering the comparatively pitiful money they get from TV revenue.
I think a lot of football clubs right now are putting themselves in very risky positions after seeing how easy it is for the likes of banks to get themselves in big trouble.
At least the team I like isn't doing that, even if we can't afford a squad of world-class players.

yeah, cheerio. time to move on. it'll be interesting to see who comes in unless it's christian poulson.

I reckon the season could rest on how good bad or indifferent Aquilani turns out to be. I don't know too much about him but i've heard he's much faster and likes to get forward more than Alonso and packs a powerful shot. There's a good chance we could see a lot of Lucas while Auilani settles in.

Celtic will be more likely to need the cash when they miss out on the Champions League pot. edit: Sorry if they miss out. If...
Ok I'm not a cnt ok??/
Seriously, I'm not the type of fckr who copys and pastes and pounces on that certain moment, I mean...wait...er

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I reckon the season could rest on how good bad or indifferent Aquilani turns out to be. I don't know too much about him but i've heard he's much faster and likes to get forward more than Alonso and packs a powerful shot. There's a good chance we could see a lot of Lucas while Auilani settles in.

I saw Aquilani playing a few times when I was living in Rome. He's a really slight and skillful player with loads of potential, but he's had really bad luck with injury over the last three seasons. It's a risk paying £20m for someone who made only 14 league appearances last year, but if can stay fit he could be a great buy.

i think he can be quality, but he's a different type of player to xabi. i mean, short of buying pirlo, who's like him? i think it'll be more like barca's line up next season, with masch behind gerrard and aquilani who'll both get forward and will now both have to track back.

throw a silva on top of that and it might just work.

I don't think so much of Aquilani, he strikes me as being just like all the rest of the current crop of Italian under-acheivers that have been crap since they won the world cup.

I'm not sure what you're basing that on Corm, but by all other informed accounts he's a highly regarded player with strong passing ability and a more attacking flair than Xabi. It's his injury record that causes concern. Definitely expect to see Lucas and himself alternating a fair bit. Fingers crossed he fits the bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back