new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

seriously? i'd much rather have villa if masch wants to go. which he seems to. play villa and torres against 90% of teams and you won't even need a holding player.

That would mean changing our entire way of playing and it might not be as instantly sucessful as our current formation and tactics. It's hard to know really. One thing is for certain, we'd be screwed in europe without a holding midfielder.

it's simple, villa in the gerrard role, gerrard as a right winger or a holding midfielder. of course, it's not gonna happen, so relax. i think if we signed cruyff it might change our formation. i think that if liverpool bought me, they'd have to think twice about playing torres.... etc.

very quiet in here....surprising considering we just signed david villa.

the C team will turn up that day.

You won't see Torres or Gerrard, but considering how close it is to the Premiership kick off there will deffo be a few first team names in the line up. In any case, I'd still be happy to see a C team with a Daniel Agger or an Albert Riera in it.

Alonso gone i reckon. Possible Replacements? Arteta?
Do we really want to drop Stevie G back into midfield and make him grow a beard?

Alonso gone i reckon. Possible Replacements? Arteta?
Do we really want to drop Stevie G back into midfield and make him grow a beard?

There's no way Moyes would sell Arteta to Liverpool, and after having unsuccessfully tried to fill Alonso's boots at Real Sociedad I'd say Arteta might think twice too. I don't think Benitez can convince Alonso to stay after last year's error of judgement, and may have to gamble on young Javi Martinez. He's no where near the same calibre of player as Xabi, but he is similar at least. It'll be a worrying development, but if we can get Silva with the money it may still work out. If Alonso isn't happy to stay then there's not much that can be done.

There's no way Moyes would sell Arteta to Liverpool, and after having unsuccessfully tried to fill Alonso's boots at Real Sociedad I'd say Arteta might think twice too. I don't think Benitez can convince Alonso to stay after last year's error of judgement, and may have to gamble on young Javi Martinez. He's no where near the same calibre of player as Xabi, but he is similar at least. It'll be a worrying development, but if we can get Silva with the money it may still work out. If Alonso isn't happy to stay then there's not much that can be done.

Any developments on Masch? Losing both would be catastrophic.

Any developments on Masch? Losing both would be catastrophic.

I think Masch is safer than Alonso to be honest. Barce have re-signed Toure now and are supposedly putting in a massive bid for David Villa. The difference is that Benitez is a big fan of Mascherano and has issued stern hands off responses, whilst he doesn't seem to value Alonso nearly as much, unless it comes to a price. Perfect Summer - keep both and add Silva plus another decent back up striker that would happily and effectively fill in for Torres as well as actually having an impact from the bench.

I've a bad feeling Alonso could be gone alright. Anyone think Danny Agger could be a ready made replacement? There's no doubt it would be a bit risky but i've always thought he'd be a great job in midfield.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back