new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

The Daily Mirror seem to have gotten to the root of Mascherano's unhappiness.

Liverpool may have to treble Javier Mascherano’s wages as Glen Johnson signsBy David Maddock 23/06/2009

Liverpool finally completed the £17million capture of Glen Johnson from Portsmouth last night.

But the massive deal
which will earn the England full-back around £4m a year could force Liverpool to TREBLE Javier Mascherano’s wages to keep him.

Mirror Sport understands that the root of the Argentine’s unhappiness at Anfield is the fact that he is paid considerably less than the majority of the ability to set up chances for the former England star.

The 29-year-old scored 30 in 65 starts on Tyneside and cost Newcastle £41million in wages and transfer fee. He was dropped by boss Alan Shearer for the club’s relegation showdown at Aston Villa and has scored once this year.

But Owen hit back at claims he is finished saying yesterday: "I’ve got skin thicker than 99.9 per cent of the population. When I scored a goal in the World Cup as an
18-year-old people were writing me off.

"I’ll come back. I’ll play well and score goals once more. Everyone will be quiet for six months and I’ll have two or three bad games then people will say, ‘he’s about to turn 30 and his legs have gone’.

"It’s not like I’ve murdered anyone. You’ve got to be thick-skinned." Hull City boss Phil Brown has declared his interest.

wha?

masch has 3 years left on his contract, doesn't he? anyway, this is all guff. if masch comes out and demands a transfer...good riddance. if he doesn't, then sweet.

It's perfectly clear. Mascherano is unhappy because he is not paid as much as the majority of the ability (his team mates) who set up the majority of goals for a player who doesnt play for Liverpool and whom 18 year olds are writing off.

Basically The Daily Mirror cut and pasted two completely unrelated blog posts and called it an article

wha?

masch has 3 years left on his contract, doesn't he? anyway, this is all guff. if masch comes out and demands a transfer...good riddance. if he doesn't, then sweet.

It's perfectly clear. Mascherano is unhappy because he is not paid as much as the majority of the ability (his team mates) who set up the majority of goals for a player who doesnt play for Liverpool and whom 18 year olds are writing off.

Basically The Daily Mirror cut and pasted two completely unrelated blog posts and called it an article
it's incredible, reminiscent of hemingway.

Rumours of a massive David Villa bid from Liverpool flying around the internet. Probably bollocks given that Liverpool dont have any money but given that Benitez brought Villa to Valencia and Torres is at Liverpool it would seem like a nice enough spot for Villa to end up. I'd still rather a shit hot goal-scoring left winger though. Villa would fuck with the Gerrard-Torres system

Rumours of a massive David Villa bid from Liverpool flying around the internet. Probably bollocks given that Liverpool dont have any money but given that Benitez brought Villa to Valencia and Torres is at Liverpool it would seem like a nice enough spot for Villa to end up. I'd still rather a shit hot goal-scoring left winger though. Villa would fuck with the Gerrard-Torres system
there's also rumour of a cash injection... gillett and hicks are selling off their assets... but gerrard may have to drop back into midfield to accommodate the loss of a midfielder. who flipping knows, eh? alls i heard was that valencia said that villa was no longer for sale a couple of days ago.

alls i heard was that valencia said that villa was no longer for sale a couple of days ago.

Which is a bit of a mad statement to make when he so clearly is for sale. I got a Villa itch that I cant scratch. Against all of my better judgement I have a sneaking feeling that he might be on his way.

Which is a bit of a mad statement to make when he so clearly is for sale. I got a Villa itch that I cant scratch. Against all of my better judgement I have a sneaking feeling that he might be on his way.
i took that statement as bunny's ears to real, cos they had another bid on the table. real were dicking about. i wouldn't deal with them if they're spunking money all over kaka and sundbed, yet haggling about villa? eto'o has to go before barca come in. he's said the only place he'll play outside of spain is liverpool, and only real and barca can get him in spain. i'd fucking love if he came, i would. but. is it possible? that's real pain we're looking at there.

seriously? i'd much rather have villa if masch wants to go. which he seems to. play villa and torres against 90% of teams and you won't even need a holding player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back