new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

Reina is the only quality player in that bunch for me. Crouch is okay but definitely not title contender standard, Sissoko was bollocks.

Reina was a bargain.
Crouch and Sissoko sold for profit. Both contributed to the team and were both as stop gaps in Rafas plan.
Cut your beard and let some air in around your brain.

Away to spurs on the first day of the season, toughest openener we've had in a while i'd say. Away to hull on the last day is a bit better but we've got chelsea at home second last.

Liverpool 2009-10 Barclays Premier League fixtures:

August

15 Tottenham Hotspur (a)
19 Stoke City (h)
22 Aston Villa (h)
29 Bolton Wanderers (a)

September

12 Burnley (h)
19 West Ham United (a)
26 Hull City (h)

October

3 Chelsea (a)
17 Sunderland (a)
24 Manchester United (h)
31 Fulham (a)

November

7 Birmingham City (h)
21 Manchester City (h)
28 Everton (a)

December

5 Blackburn Rovers (a)
12 Arsenal (h)
16 Wigan Athletic (h)
19 Portsmouth (a)
26 Wolverhampton Wanderers (h)
28 Aston Villa (a)

January

9 Tottenham Hotspur (h)
16 Stoke City (a)
26 Wolverhampton Wanderers (a)
30 Bolton Wanderers (h)

February

6 Everton (h)
9 Arsenal (a)
20 Manchester City (a)
27 Blackburn Rovers (h)

March

6 Wigan Athletic (a)
13 Portsmouth (h)
20 Manchester United (a)
27 Sunderland (h)

April

3 Birmingham City (a)
10 Fulham (h)
17 West Ham United (h)
24 Burnley (a)

May

1 Chelsea (h)
9 Hull City (a)

barca want pepe, they say. fuck off, you cunts.

what's with barca, they must spend an absolute fortune buying back players they let go for fuck all when they were young.

Compared to pretty much all the big English, Spanish, and Italian clubs, Barca spent fuck all on their current Champions League-winning squad.

Edit: To clarify, that's the first team that played in the final. Ironically, most of the money they've spent recently has been on players who are only used as reserves. Also, they have sold Zambrotta, Deco, and Ronaldinho in that time.

i'm not saying they spend a lot of dosh, i'm sayin gthey always seem to want to buy back players. there's talk of fabregas moving there, for an astronomical fee i'd imagine. they sold pepe riena for fuck all. they sold gerard to valencia and bought him back for a massive amount. gerard pique is another one. they kept buying albert celedes even though he was shit.

etc etc.

and so forth.

and if you turn the ivory coast flag upside down, it's still orange white and green, by the fucking way

iand if you turn the ivory coast flag upside down, it's still orange white and green, by the fucking way

I was going to point that out, but that's only the case if you invert it about the horizontal axis. Possibly turning upside down could take into account rotation about the centre also, in which case the order of the colours are reversed.

I was going to point that out, but that's only the case if you invert it about the horizontal axis. Possibly turning upside down could take into account rotation about the centre also, in which case the order of the colours are reversed.
you know as well as i do that "upsidedown" is not "flipping on its horizontal axis"

but try explaining that...

So David Moores resigned from the board of directors today. Don't know what to make of this, there could be something big about to happen or else he just got sick of the whole situation. I suppose with Parry gone he'd be outvoted on everything anyway.

tevez has ruled out a pool move.

as if that was ever gonna happen to begin with. what next? rafa rules out move for pele. dalglish declares he won't play for liverpool again. sam allardyce takes charge of limer....

tevez has ruled out a pool move.

as if that was ever gonna happen to begin with. what next? rafa rules out move for pele. dalglish declares he won't play for liverpool again. sam allardyce takes charge of limer....

:)

we made Big Samantha into the arsehole he is.

Tevez...saying he wouldnt join pool cos he couldnt do it to man u...fuck off Blanka you lying bastard...

did the press say Rafa was after Pele?

:)

we made Big Samantha into the arsehole he is.

Tevez...saying he wouldnt join pool cos he couldnt do it to man u...fuck off Blanka you lying bastard...

did the press say Rafa was after Pele?
actually i made that up. it was houllier who was linked with pele. he bough diouf instead.

Glen Johnson has finally signed, nice to beat Chelsea off for his signature too. Hopefully he'll keep developing as a defender and also provide the kind of attacking service that Steve Finnan did 3 or 4 years ago.

"I am very proud and thankful for the interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's good for me to have these two teams interested in me," he told Don Balon.
"Both teams are very important but at this moment I think that Barcelona is a little bit better and that's why they've won all that they have."

that's apparently masch intending to leave.

rafa won't sell him, and he's contracted. but if he did go, he should get 40-50 million for him given the current market. who would he replace him with? get yaya in return?

"I am very proud and thankful for the interest from Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's good for me to have these two teams interested in me," he told Don Balon.
"Both teams are very important but at this moment I think that Barcelona is a little bit better and that's why they've won all that they have."

that's apparently masch intending to leave.

rafa won't sell him, and he's contracted. but if he did go, he should get 40-50 million for him given the current market. who would he replace him with? get yaya in return?

agger? the boy can tackle...the boy can pass...the boy certainly can shoot....the new redondo?

agger? the boy can tackle...the boy can pass...the boy certainly can shoot....the new redondo?
shunting the dagger into midfield? interesting. it'll give distin the odd run out. dunno if agger is as destructive as the masch. he seems to enjoy playing football rather than kicking people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back