new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (8 Viewers)

I've a bad feeling Alonso could be gone alright. Anyone think Danny Agger could be a ready made replacement? There's no doubt it would be a bit risky but i've always thought he'd be a great job in midfield.

Interesting. He is great going forward, but his strength is bringing the ball from deeper than Alonso usually would. He can play the short pass brilliantly and has a terrific shot, but it'll be hard to find some who can switch the play better. Witness this master class from just one game -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ya Dagger would be lacking in some aspects there's no doubt. It'd be great to see him smashing in 30 yarders once a month as opposed to once a season tho. Maybe Lucas will finally step up and solve all our problems!

I haven't gone away you know.

My last post was just a joke anyway, obviously Lucas commiting suicide wouldn't solve any of Liverpool's problems. It would be much better if were to somehow sell himself to Real Madrid for 40 million quid.

I haven't gone away you know.

My last post was just a joke anyway, obviously Lucas commiting suicide wouldn't solve any of Liverpool's problems. It would be much better if were to somehow sell himself to Real Madrid for 40 million quid.

You forgot to mention Stephen Ireland in your post.

maybe there is less of a chance that madrid will keep chasing alonso now that they are splashing out another 35m on benzema ? loosing alonso would be a disaster

maybe there is less of a chance that madrid will keep chasing alonso now that they are splashing out another 35m on benzema ? loosing alonso would be a disaster

Riberry has made a public statement saying he wants to go to Madrid and when those two (along with Bezema) are done Madrid are gonna move for Alonso & Arbeloa. Bottomless fucking pit. No christmas bonus for the spanish unemployed this year.

Riberry has made a public statement saying he wants to go to Madrid and when those two (along with Bezema) are done Madrid are gonna move for Alonso & Arbeloa. Bottomless fucking pit. No christmas bonus for the spanish unemployed this year.

Not quite bottomless, they have a €300m of loans to be taken out at any time over the next three years. Perez seems to want to spend it all now.

its fairly disgusting money being thrown around but still cant wait to see the barca / real games this season. xavi, iniesta, eto'o (or maybe villa) henry, messi vs kaka, ronaldo, ribery, benzema and whoever the fuck else they decide to buy

Anyone think Danny Agger could be a ready made replacement? There's no doubt it would be a bit risky but i've always thought he'd be a great job in midfield.

yeah i do thats why i posted the following on june 23rd. do keep up me boy! :)

Originally Posted by trev
agger? the boy can tackle...the boy can pass...the boy certainly can shoot....the new redondo?

and hec replied saying....

"shunting the dagger into midfield? interesting. it'll give distin the odd run out. dunno if agger is as destructive as the masch. he seems to enjoy playing football rather than kicking people."

Not quite bottomless, they have a €300m of loans to be taken out at any time over the next three years. Perez seems to want to spend it all now.

In transfers fees yeah but then there's the astronomical contracts being offered too. They'll have to invent some sort of digital super Galactico replica shirt that charges wearers by the emotion to pay for all that.

yeah i do thats why i posted the following on june 23rd. do keep up me boy! :)

Originally Posted by trev
agger? the boy can tackle...the boy can pass...the boy certainly can shoot....the new redondo?

and hec replied saying....

"shunting the dagger into midfield? interesting. it'll give distin the odd run out. dunno if agger is as destructive as the masch. he seems to enjoy playing football rather than kicking people."
yeah, but that was more a masch thing than a xabi thing. however, in agger, there's potentially a great, really great defender. hansenesque. i dunno, i hope they'll both stay. i reckon alonso will in anyways, masch is a bit flightier.

In transfers fees yeah but then there's the astronomical contracts being offered too. They'll have to invent some sort of digital super Galactico replica shirt that charges wearers by the emotion to pay for all that.
they are offloading some stooges too. van der vaart, robben, sniejder will fectch some roubles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back