new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

I just watched it there and it was totally calm but still a bit naive. Again, Ferguson is setting the tone and comes off looking the smug strategist.

Is he though? 90% of Ferguson's "smug strategist" shtick is no one calling him on his bluff.

I'm not saying this card that Rafa has played is fucking amazing but it seems more to me like Benitez is firing the first shot across the bows rather than reacting.

Still fucking weird though (and I love Rafa!) I think he's a very intelligent and decent man who (surely) will know the kind of ripples this will have. Keegan comparison's are spurious as a rule. However, I do assume he knows what he's doing and I only hope his team can follow these fightin' words up.

This weekend feels like it's been a disaster but if I'd been offered the position we're in now at the start of the season I would have happily taken it. We just need to pray that Alonso doesn't miss any more games, he's been by far our most valuble player this season.

disaster is right. this weekend is pivotal. by the time the pool take the field to snatch a home draw with everton, they'll already be a point behind united. still, catchup is the name of benitez'z game.

i can't even comment on the match, the deficiencies were glaringly obvious to everyone bar benitez himself. at half time it was obvious it had to change, but benny probably though "cool, we're holding them" argh.

muck, typical muck. and it gets worse, if the story that heskey has signed a pre contract agreement to join in the summer are true. with keane, kuyt and heskey, we'll have a strikeforce that doesn't score goals, just the way benny likes it.

I watched the Stoke game and it was painful. Stoke were always 11 men behind the ball but a championship team should be able to pick them apart. That brings one to the question of Rafa's tactics and selection. Playing Kuyt on his own up front was mind-boggling. Playing a lone striker was mind-boggling. Leaving Torres on the bench for 60 minutes and Keane for 90 was mind-boggling. And if the rumours of Heskey coming back are true then that just takes the biscuit. A win against Everton is very important. Gerrard not going to jail is possibly more important.

I watched the Stoke game and it was painful. Stoke were always 11 men behind the ball but a championship team should be able to pick them apart. That brings one to the question of Rafa's tactics and selection. Playing Kuyt on his own up front was mind-boggling. Playing a lone striker was mind-boggling. Leaving Torres on the bench for 60 minutes and Keane for 90 was mind-boggling. And if the rumours of Heskey coming back are true then that just takes the biscuit. A win against Everton is very important. Gerrard not going to jail is possibly more important.
given that saturday's game was so important, because we know that the closest rivals were either going to lose points, or share points the following day, that was the worst performance i've seen in an important match in years.

gerrard would probably be happier surrounded by rapists and murderers than lucas and kuyt any day. he looked utterly dejected yesterday, probably got the hump when he saw the team sheet and realised that torres was going to get half an hour at best.

Who was it that said Chelsea had the league sewn up about 2 months ago? If Utd go top at the weekend it will require a massively good run to keep up with them. That game at the weekend suggests we won't be able to live with them, but as Hec said Rafa prefers to be the underdog. Bar a handful of performances, we haven't really looked like champions or truly deserved our top of the pile billing. If we are to go the distance, we'll have to really earn it now because Utd won't be giving it up for free.

United won't beat Wigan on Wednesday though. Betcha.

*bring bring*

-hello?
-steve? Dave Gill here.
-howay, mista gill, wha aboot ya like, man?
-Ah you know, just calling. look, remember that conversation we had before the last game of last season, where i hinted that you might just be the man to take over from fergie
-how aye, man, i remembah.
-Yeah, anyway, i was sitting here thinking, jeez, look at wigan, the premierships form team... that bruce lad is turning into some manager
-why aye, thanks man.
-yeah, so what i'm saying is.... the door is open. but.
-but?
-you know, we never know when fergie is gonna leave, but we need the team to be the best team there is, for when, you know, the new man takes over. i'm just saying, wouldn't it be great if they were top of the league, eh? we wouldn't want the new fella coming in when we were third, eh?
-howay man, i hear ya.
-valencia's injured i hear?
-he fooking is now, man.
-great. see you wednesday.
-hoots.

It was always coming.

rafakev.jpg

he should have strengthened his argument by putting out a team capable of winning. but to be fair, everything he said was true.

Fergie's "mind games" is a load of old cobblers. He only ever 'out-witted' Keegan who is as hissy as a hormonal teenager. Rafa's rant was on the money, but he should have kept his bit of paper in his pocket. That made him look a little bit mental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back