new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Fantastic result and performance. Keane and Riera rested, Skrtel back, no need for Torres. Big bonuses. That could have 7 or 8-1 easily.

edit: i accept that Newcastle would have been beaten by anybody today, but still.

And then:
"Liverpool footballer Steven Gerrard arrested in early hours after fight at bar in Southport"
Wonder what that's about...

According to the Mail:
"Steven Gerrard spent the night in police cells after he was arrested during the early hours after a disturbance at a bar. The Reds captain was among six men being quizzed by police after they were called to licensed premises in Merseyside. A 34-year-old Southport man was taken to hospital with facial injuries, which are not thought to be serious.
The Liverpool FC and England star is still being questioned by police this morning. Officers were called to the Lounge Inn, in Bold Street, Southport, at around 2.30am. Police later detained six people nearby on Lord Street. Four men, aged 33, 31, 29 and 19, all from Huyton, Gerrard, 28, from Formby, and an 18-year-old from Litherland were arrested on suspicion of Section 20 assault. The alleged incident happened 12 hours after Liverpool crushed Newcastle United 5-1 at St James's Park on Sunday."

Great stuff...

The Guardian said:
One report suggested Gerrard and a group of his friends were involved in some sort of altercation after the man refused to allow the midfielder to play his favourite songs on the sound system.
Gerrard is a big fan of Phil Collins and counts the singer's greatest hits as his favourite album. He is also partial to Coldplay.

I've two spare tix for derby game due to a drunken card credit card gaffe. Monday 19th Jan CENTENERY STAND.

PM or prepared to meet in Liverpool on the day.

Article in todays' Guardian on footballers and their normally woeful taste in music
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2009/jan/02/pop-rock-steven-gerrard-music
Pat Nevin is one of the few exceptions.
"Chelsea and Scotland midfielder Pat Nevin, a fan of the Fall and Joy Division who once professed a liking for obscure Factory Records act Crispy Ambulance and who, legend holds, once asked to be subbed in a Chelsea reserve game so he could go to see the Cocteau Twins playing at the ICA."

does anyone else reckon air-kick is intimidated by gerrard? he's muck when he shares the pitch with him, and plays his best football when gerrards not there. possibly cos they occupy the same space. gerrards regard for torres was pretty apparent on saturday. i doubt he'd have trusted robbie to finish that goal.

does anyone else reckon air-kick is intimidated by gerrard? he's muck when he shares the pitch with him, and plays his best football when gerrards not there. possibly cos they occupy the same space. gerrards regard for torres was pretty apparent on saturday. i doubt he'd have trusted robbie to finish that goal.

I reckon you could be right there, it's like the new boy trying to get the respect of the cool kid on the playground. I also think there's a bit of guff between Babel and Keane. I imagine Babel thought he would be given a more forward role this season, and seeing Keane get so many starts must irritate him. They never seem to link up, but Babel isn't helping himself with his own finishing and performances.

i see keane more as cover for gerrard, than torres. i agree, babel should have been given more opportunity as a striker, given that air-kick's scoring record has been so abysmal. has rafa seen the kuyt-arbeloa light or are they crocked? plus, is it a masterstrike to move carra out of the centre, mucha s it was to move him in? if we continue to win the games and stay at the summit, carra can't bemoan a shift to right back, expecially as it benefits the team.

anyone notice the exchange of looks between reina and aurelio when camera cut to the bench after a robbie keane miss the other day? hilarious stuff. thought benitez should have taken off babel instead of keane, throw robbie on the right while torres was on the field for a bit. remember him putting in a few decent performances playing on the wings for spurs

anyone notice the exchange of looks between reina and aurelio when camera cut to the bench after a robbie keane miss the other day? hilarious stuff. thought benitez should have taken off babel instead of keane, throw robbie on the right while torres was on the field for a bit. remember him putting in a few decent performances playing on the wings for spurs
yeah i saw that, torres was looking sheepish sitting next to them too. all in all liverpool never looked too bothered by preston, so they could afford to be flippant.

mellor though, he portked up, dindn't he?

actually, i saw the game, but also saw the highlights later on, and it just looked like a litany of misses from robbie. which it was. it should have been 4 by half time.

i see that after being coveted by real madrid, jermain pennant has now been offered a contract by ac milan. is there something we don't know?

Me too. Seems it was more calm and calculated than an outburst and needless to say Rafa was making a very valid point. Looks like the media are trying to turn it into a Keegan like breakdown.

I just watched it there and it was totally calm but still a bit naive. Again, Ferguson is setting the tone and comes off looking the smug strategist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back