new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

He's not a striker really, he was brought up in the Ajax 3 up top tradition and played most of his dutch club football out wide. The current pool attacking formation is as close to the one he's used to playing as anything. And as far as the right footed thing goes, he's always played on the left, like Overmaars and Pires.

the only reason he played on the wing for ajax was because huntelaar was in the strikers position. he played a few times centre forward for ajax and was definiteley more effective. i dont think he has the footwork or crossing ability to be a good out and out winger, i would imagine he's best as a striker like henry drifting in from the wings.

Not a bad game. Gerard and Babel were decent. Can't see why Lucas stayed on the pitch for 90 mins when Alonso was on the bench and could have calmed things down no end. Kinda lucky to get away with the win but Babel missed a few sitters as well...so...

Great first half performance. Awful second half though. Marseille could have easily won it in the last 10 mins.

The only good chance Keane could have had to score was wasted by Benayoun who decided to instead saunter the ball out to the corner flag. No desire to kill the game off.

Annoying that we stopped playing in the second half, but it's a good result. Babel seems a lot more confident so far this season, really hope he continues with this form. Lucas is proving to be very disappointing isn't he? He doesn't seem to offer much in either defence or attack at all, bizarre that Xabi wasn't used instead. Both Arbeloa and Dossena were okay in defence, but going forward they were absolute pants. Bring back Aurelio as soon as he's fit, would like to see him continue to build an understanding with Riera. And can we please see Degen play soon?

dpz903.jpg

THANK FUCK! normal service resumed, didn't want to be getting jittery around april, so i can relax now. i was wrong about robbie keane too, he's slotted right in.

Very disappointing and frustrating result at the weekend, but it's too early to say the bubble has burst. I didn't see the whole game but it seems like if Gerrard's goal had stood we probably would have been comfortable. One of the two big problems last season was not believing that we could beat one of the main title contenders. We've done that, but now the other side of it is to have the ability and finesse to beat your Stoke's, your Wigan's, your West Brom's's's's. We've fucked up the first test, so know we have to gain similar momentum to the Man U win by beating Everton. If we can do that, then we go back into the same scenario with the next home game against Wigan. If we have less than three points on the board after that then we can all relax and enjoy the Champions League for a few months.

what does babel have to do to get a start by the way? perhaps if he scuffed some "shots" into the keepers arms, or tried a spectacular airshot every now and then....

i disagree, he did okay until he got completely isolated in the second half when the midfield went for a walk. keane and kuyt seem to get their game without covering themselves in anything other than piss.

So the Crewe game in the Reserves Cup, who do people think we'll get a look at? In light of the lack of firepower on Saturday I'd imagine N'gog and maybe either Nemeth or Pacheco will be hoping to be given an opportunity.

'Dial N for Ngog' deserves a run-out. Ditto Nemeth. Robbie Keane should start. He needs a goal to settle his nerves.

From the reserve games I've seen this season I'm unsure Jay Speering and Pacheco are ready for the step-up to the first team.

So the Crewe game in the Reserves Cup, who do people think we'll get a look at? In light of the lack of firepower on Saturday I'd imagine N'gog and maybe either Nemeth or Pacheco will be hoping to be given an opportunity.
i reckon keano will start in a blatantly transparent attempt to get him going. last time we played stoke was in teh mickey mouse cup too, remember? 8-0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back