new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (5 Viewers)

So you're saying 2 Kuyts are better than one?

That's not what I'm implying, no. Kuyt is under-valued by many but that's old news.

Keane's works very hard when he doesn't have the ball.
The pressure game against the reigning EPL and CL champions paid off & it was a deserved victory.

That's not what I'm implying, no. Kuyt is under-valued by many but that's old news.

The pressure game against the reigning EPL and CL champions paid off & it was a deserved victory.

sometimes, joking is fun.

if keane didn't work very hard when he didn't have the ball, he wouldn't do anything at all. still, it took crouch 3,578 games before he scored for liverpool, and he turned out to be a pile of shit too. so, eh....

ah no, robbie's grand. riddle me this though, how does he get picked all the fucking time, when babel has won two games for the pool and hasn't started yet?

ah no, robbie's grand. riddle me this though, how does he get picked all the fucking time, when babel has won two games for the pool and hasn't started yet?

Different type of player innit.

Keane works harder than Babel. Run the centre-halves ragged for seventy plus minutes. Babel comes on with his fresh legs and does what he does.
Actually if you look at Babel's goal on Saturday it was Robbie dragging two Mank defenders towards Van Der Saar that gave Babel the space to place his shot.

Babel should have come on against Villa, mind.

What's the story with Agger?
Has he thrown his dummy out of the pram?

Ah Agger will figure eventually. It's no harm really considering how he struggled to overcome his metatarsal injury last year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought on at some point this evening.

I heard over the weekend he had a row (training ground bust-up) with Rafa. Wasn't even in the squad against the Manks.
Hmm. Hopefully he'll get a run-out soon.

Different type of player innit.

Keane works harder than Babel. Run the centre-halves ragged for seventy plus minutes. Babel comes on with his fresh legs and does what he does.
Actually if you look at Babel's goal on Saturday it was Robbie dragging two Mank defenders towards Van Der Saar that gave Babel the space to place his shot.

Babel should have come on against Villa, mind.

What's the story with Agger?
Has he thrown his dummy out of the pram?

Fair point to Keane's enterprise but Babel's a right footer and a striker to boot and he's had maybe twenty minutes either up front or on the right since he got here. I'm hoping that Riera should change that situation rather than simply relegating him to impact sub.

I'd be fairly confident that once Keane breaks his duck, he'll start scoring for fun. It's his M.O. in all fairness and even if he doesn't, I doubt there'll be continuing harrumphing about two club footed dervishes in the starting XI if we continue to win that impressively.

Big Al who drinks in the Oak Pub on the Anfield Road. (Bloke down pub).

It was all over Liverpool on Saturday that they'd fallen out.

Ah that's right you were over. Hmm, the one guff I really have with Benetiz is that he doesn't seem to have the people skills to keep his squad happy a lot of the time.

Big Al who drinks in the Oak Pub on the Anfield Road. (Bloke down pub).

It was all over Liverpool on Saturday that they'd fallen out.

I read it this morning too, can't remember where but most likely Guardian. Said that it had been reported in the Danish press, in Daneland. I've a strange feeling that the Marseille game is going to be a goalfest tonight.

Yup. Proper Old Skool is Rafa.

Strange sight up in Dublin Airport on Saturday morning. Couple of Ryanair flights to Liverpool and Brum were grounded. we were on a flight to Manchester and lads were just handing us tickets asking us to sell them outside the ground.

Fair point to Keane's enterprise but Babel's a right footer and a striker to boot and he's had maybe twenty minutes either up front or on the right since he got here.

He's not a striker really, he was brought up in the Ajax 3 up top tradition and played most of his dutch club football out wide. The current pool attacking formation is as close to the one he's used to playing as anything. And as far as the right footed thing goes, he's always played on the left, like Overmaars and Pires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back