new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Pennant is much maligned for reasons that escape me. In a team of disastrous inconsistency Pennant is nowhere near the crux of the problem. Played in his position he is quite an effective winger and his attitude has been good throughout what has been a fairly miserable few months for him. What little pitch time he has gotten he has ran at defences and put in a few dangerous crosses in every game. This is more than Kyut (as an attacking force) does for the entire season. Im not knocking Kyut to praise Pennant but Kyut is playing in his position so comparisons are inevitable.

I can't recall Pennant ever having a good game.
Genuinely.
nobody is really covering themselves i glory right now, but play players in their proper positions, and we'll be a better team. we already look a lot better with riera on the pitch. with pennant on the other wing, that's genuine width. do it.

obviously i'd rather we had a better winger than lionel, BUT at least that's what he does.

I can't recall Pennant ever having a good game.
Genuinely.

Ah here, he has put in a few very fine performances in a Liverpool shirt and quite a few respectable ones. Like any player (wingers in particular) he needs to be playing regularly to be playing at full steam and he's never had that under Rafa. I think he's done a decent job with what he's been given and it's utterly baffling to see Kyut picked ahead of him week in, week out and almost never get substituted. It's a giant orange out of position mystery to me.

Pennants a nippy little winger and they don't grow on trees. I still remember cursing his name manys a time. I'd like to see him on the bench.

Alas Rafa will always favour the dogged workhorse over the flair player. Pennant goes missing during games, Kuyt huffs and puffs til the bitter end, even though he can't cross for shit. He's doing the same kind of role that Zenden used to thrill us all width*. You'd imagine that Pennant would be like a lunatic to impress if he got a start at the weekend but expect to see Dirk kicking up the pitch on Saturday, especially with his recent record against Everton. I think Jermaine at least deserves to be on the bench ahead of El Zhar.

_45070135_rkceleb_getty.jpg

I dunno what pleased me more-seeing Keane get off the mark or Drogba getting stretchered off.

The latter innit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back