new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (11 Viewers)

keane and baz, they just want to play champions league football. that can't be the extent of our ambitions again.

Dude, Torres SCORED THE WINNING GOAL IN THE EUROPEAN CUP FINAL. Keane will give his right arm to do the business for Liverpool and to play alongside arguably the best striker in the world.
show some fucking faith for a change

Dude, Torres SCORED THE WINNING GOAL IN THE EUROPEAN CUP FINAL. Keane will give his right arm to do the business for Liverpool and to play alongside arguably the best striker in the world.
show some fucking faith for a change
some faith? h aha ha ahahahahahaha. in what? do you know how many times i've watched robbie keane. i know his form. do you know how many seasons i've had faith? 19 now, is it?
yup, torres is one of the best strikers on the planet. i'd look good playing next to him. this season skrtel and agger should help reduce the amount of goals (16) we conceded from set pieces last year. the lack of riise hoofing the ball into his own net or in the next county can only be a plus. if we'd had either skrtl or agger for december, we may have pushed on even further. imagine we'd beaten reading and then at least held united to a draw. liverpool's problems last season were not for the want of a great striker, were they.

i find it very difficult to have faith in robbie keane having watched him flounce about so often in the last decade or more. i've no doubt he'll do his best, but i suspect he's done his best before in the past, being a professional and all. and it just hasn't been, you know, amazing.

just when you think rafa has hit on a formation, and started to get the very best out of gerrard.... he replaces him with robbie keane.

i'll reiterate though, i hope to fuck we win the league, but lets not kid our selves it'll because r.d.k. has joined.

anyone see the game last night? Kinda wish I hadn't bothered to be honest, 11 substitutions an' all. but it was good to see the young fella's like Pacheco, Nemeth and N'Gog getting a run. It would have been great if Spearing and scored that volley at the end!

the way i see it, keano isn't being bought primarily to forge an exciting partnership with torres, gerrard already has done so, and gerrard is better than keane, i'm afraid, i think it's more likely that keano will be the man to get goals when torres is "rested" as raa likes to do to devastating effect on liverpools form. last season, kuyt, crouch and voronin proved they couldn't be trusted to scored on their own. last nigt he played keane with ngog, and i expect we'll see some of that next season, maybe even keane and babel or the ultiamte dream ticket of keane and kuyt, anyone?

headline in paper, keane will ease goal-scoring burden on torres. as if torres doesn't want to score all the goals, or it's an effort to him. is he gonna say to rafa, jesus boss, i'm scoring all the fucking goals, give me a break, will ya? unlikely.

kenao has qualities, and i want him to do well. i suspect he'll score most of his goals when torres isn't playing or agaisnt poor opposition. great. big games will require the 4-2-3-1 formation, and if keane can oust kuyt from his right side position, fair play. although keano's work rate is much vaunted, and rightly on occasion, it doesn't match dirks, so he'll have to outscore the fucker. consistently.

personally, i'd be reasonably chipper about this up coming season because of skrtl (was savage last night, doesn't do friendlies, obviously) and the return of agger, rather than cos keano joined. and i'd prefer if we had barry, because he carries more of a goal threat from midfield. outscored lucas, xabi and masch put together last season. but if keano can turn it on in games like the 0-0 at home to birmingham, or when torres is out of the team, and crucially, not fucking score against us, then we're in with a shout. but i'll wager if we do take home some serious tin next year, it'll be becasue of gerrard, torres, masch, riena, carra, skrtl, agger, before it's about keano.

anyone see the game last night? Kinda wish I hadn't bothered to be honest, 11 substitutions an' all. but it was good to see the young fella's like Pacheco, Nemeth and N'Gog getting a run. It would have been great if Spearing and scored that volley at the end!
keeper looked ok, as in better than itange. darby was good. pacheco, nemeth, ngog looked interesting. plessis could be class. no better place for the man to develop as well, once masch, xabi, lucas and possibly barry all get injured in a roy of the rovers style bus hi-jacking. voronin is worse than muck. can we shove pennant up his hole and blast the pair of them into space? benayoun is clever around the box, but pox everywhere else. conundrum. winger he ain't. dirk impressed me, playing like an ould pro. over all though, shit game.

the way i see it, keano isn't being bought primarily to forge an exciting partnership with torres, gerrard already has done so, and gerrard is better than keane, i'm afraid, i think it's more likely that keano will be the man to get goals when torres is "rested" as raa likes to do to devastating effect on liverpools form. last season, kuyt, crouch and voronin proved they couldn't be trusted to scored on their own. last nigt he played keane with ngog, and i expect we'll see some of that next season, maybe even keane and babel or the ultiamte dream ticket of keane and kuyt, anyone?

headline in paper, keane will ease goal-scoring burden on torres. as if torres doesn't want to score all the goals, or it's an effort to him. is he gonna say to rafa, jesus boss, i'm scoring all the fucking goals, give me a break, will ya? unlikely.

kenao has qualities, and i want him to do well. i suspect he'll score most of his goals when torres isn't playing or agaisnt poor opposition. great. big games will require the 4-2-3-1 formation, and if keane can oust kuyt from his right side position, fair play. although keano's work rate is much vaunted, and rightly on occasion, it doesn't match dirks, so he'll have to outscore the fucker. consistently.

personally, i'd be reasonably chipper about this up coming season because of skrtl (was savage last night, doesn't do friendlies, obviously) and the return of agger, rather than cos keano joined. and i'd prefer if we had barry, because he carries more of a goal threat from midfield. outscored lucas, xabi and masch put together last season. but if keano can turn it on in games like the 0-0 at home to birmingham, or when torres is out of the team, and crucially, not fucking score against us, then we're in with a shout. but i'll wager if we do take home some serious tin next year, it'll be becasue of gerrard, torres, masch, riena, carra, skrtl, agger, before it's about keano.

You're talking through your hole.

Keane's goal-scoring record for club and country speak for itself. No airy-fairy flights of conjecture can deny the facts.

Torres was rested in fck-all games last season. He was injured in October last year.

All good points, but I don't think anybody's under the impression that Keano was going to come in and single handedly win us the prem in the first place. And yeah, we'll see what he's made of when we go to Old Trafford. I am less than confident on that front. Dagger and Skrtel back is the biggest deal of the Summer, you ask me, and I'd still rather we stump up for Silva than Barry.

You're talking through your hole.

Keane's goal-scoring record for club and country speak for itself. No airy-fairy flights of conjecture can deny the facts.

Torres was rested in fck-all games last season. He was injured in October last year.
liverpools problem is not scoring goals.

gerrard torress was a great combination when rafa hit on it. they buzzed off each other in a dalglish - rush kinda way. where's does keano fit in with that?

so with keano we win some games 4-0 instead of 3-0. but are we now better than united? frankly, this makes dirk kuyt look like a bargain.

and refrain from being rude to me or i'll kick your bollocks out your ears.

liverpools problem is not scoring goals.

failed to score against Man Ure-this bothers you further up the page

gerrard torress was a great combination when rafa hit on it. they buzzed off each other in a dalglish - rush kinda way. where's does keano fit in with that? Gerrard plays centre mid/Keane plays off Torres

so with keano we win some games 4-0 instead of 3-0. but are we now better than united? frankly, this makes dirk kuyt look like a bargain. pure straw man conjecture not worth commenting on
and refrain from being rude to me or i'll kick your bollocks out your ears.
man up, son

Liverpool will discover their first European opponents of the new season when the Champions League third round qualifying draw takes place in Nyon tomorrow. Rafael Benitez's men are top seeds in the draw but with not all of the 18 third round entrants receiving a seeding, there is the possibility of the Reds being paired with Atletico Madrid, Galatasaray or Slavia Prague.

With many of the second round ties still to be decided 46 teams will enter the third round draw, which takes place from 11am on Friday morning.

The third round games will take place on August 16/17 and August 26/27.

The teams Liverpool could face in the qualifying round:
Atletico Madrid (Spain)
FC Sheriff (Moldova) or Sparta Prague (Czech Republic)
Drogheda United (Ireland) or Dynamo Kiev (Ukraine)
Levski Sofia (Bulgaria)
Slavia Prague (Czech Republic)
Galatasaray (Turkey)
Inter Baki (Azerbaijan) or FK Partizan (Serbia)
Vitoria SC (Portugal)
NK Domzale (Slovenia) or Dinamo Zagreb (Croatia)
Beitar Jerusalem (Israel) or Wisla Krakow (Poland)
Standard Liege (Belgium)
FC Twente (Netherlands)
Tampere United (Finland) or Artmedia Petrzalka (Slovakia)
Aalborg (Denmark) or FC Modrica (Bosnia)
SK Brann (Norway) or FK Ventspils (Latvia)
Anorthosis Famagusta (Cyprus) or Rapid Vienna (Austria)

some faith? h aha ha ahahahahahaha. in what? do you know how many times i've watched robbie keane. i know his form. do you know how many seasons i've had faith? 19 now, is it?
I don't even need to get into specifics with you on this one cos you are way out on your own Hector, but for the record do you think you're the only Liverpool-Ireland fan over 30 on Thumped?
Jesus wept.

I think the point is that you should be blindly optimistic.
that's what i'm getting, but not just blindly optimistic, blindly optimistic cos robbie has come to bring us the title. i'd say he'll put standar liege to the sword anyway, the mad bastard. then do a sing song.

that's what i'm getting, but not just blindly optimistic, blindly optimistic cos robbie has come to bring us the title. i'd say he'll put standar liege to the sword anyway, the mad bastard. then do a sing song.

What standard are Liege these days Hec? Anything to fear other than fear itself?

edit: On April 20, 2008 they won their first Belgian League title in 25 years with 3 games left, claiming an unbeaten record of 31 games.

So maybe not going to be a total pushover? I have no idea of the quality of the Belgian first division.

What standard are Liege these days Hec? Anything to fear other than fear itself?
poor ould belgian league is taking a tumble these days. anderlect set sum kind of record for most games without a win in the cl didn't they? steven defour is a decent player. but other than that...oneywu was wanted by some prem teams, weren't he. same standard as the lads we duffed up last year i'd say. should be a gimme. should be. honestly, can't see liverpool losing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back