new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (3 Viewers)

or if we'd beaten birmingham, west ham, reading, portsmouth, wigan, man city when we had stupid draws and defeats, we'd have won the league.
keane can handle that. and barry if he joins.
recent results against united, except maybe OT last season, have been down to lack of belief rather than anything else.

Yeah, 2 and 3 seasons ago we had the best head to head results against United, Chelsea and Pool and finished 4th both times. We made our first serious tilt at the league in ages last year and our results against the other 3 weren't so good.

or if we'd beaten birmingham, west ham, reading, portsmouth, wigan, man city when we had stupid draws and defeats, we'd have won the league.
keane can handle that. and barry if he joins.
recent results against united, except maybe OT last season, have been down to lack of belief rather than anything else.
not going to win them all, no one. but when it came down to it we gave united 6 points, and they beat us by 11. fact is, we, or anyone else, isn't going to win the league after getting 4 from 12 against the top teams. united could afford some unseemly draws early doors and a double loss against city, but it mattered ought, cos they beat their rivals when it mattered. that game where united beat arse at ot, that sealed it. of course, we contributed by showing our hole to them at ot as well.

Played them off the park in Anfield.

Man Ure got 'the luck of champions' to snare a late winner.
cos liverpool don't believe they can beat them. and buying players that have never been on the winning side against them, or chelsea, or arsenal, won't change that. maybe this year gerrard and torres will believe they can finally win. and play accordingly. maybe benitez won't start his rotation in august. maybe maybe maybe

Played them off the park in Anfield.

Man Ure got 'the luck of champions' to snare a late winner.
oh yeah, that was the season before last, and the one before that. last season they scored in the first half.

cos liverpool don't believe they can beat them. and buying players that have never been on the winning side against them, or chelsea, or arsenal, won't change that. maybe this year gerrard and torres will believe they can finally win. and play accordingly. maybe benitez won't start his rotation in august. maybe maybe maybe

Yeah Benitez should be signing Cattermole and Pogotetz.

reports are saying the barry deal is done, its all go for pool fans

After months of haggling over a fee for Gareth Barry, Liverpool and Aston Villa have reportedly agreed on £17.5m plus Steve Finnan.

Yeah Benitez should be signing Cattermole and Pogotetz.
wouldn't put it past him.

how many current liverpool players know what it is to be a league champion? born winners is what we need. leaders. robbie keane's carling cup medal is one more medal than gazbaz has. believe me, i hope to fuck it works out. but 40 million on two lads who've never finished above 6th in the league. (except that brief cameo robbie had for leeds before it all went cockwards, pedants.)

how many current liverpool players know what it is to be a league champion? born winners is what we need. leaders

Ah there's Champions League medals and now Euro 2008 medals in the Anfield er, dressing room...
the hunger's there...it's just a bit more consistency that's needed & better options going forward.

What I'm saying is I reckon Robbie Keane is a great signing.

After months of haggling over a fee for Gareth Barry, Liverpool and Aston Villa have reportedly agreed on £17.5m plus Steve Finnan.

That's a great deal for Villa and a good move for Finnan (and Ireland if he decides to come back). If anyone can get him back to his best it's Martin O'Neill.

how many current liverpool players know what it is to be a league champion? born winners is what we need. leaders. robbie keane's carling cup medal is one more medal than gazbaz has. believe me, i hope to fuck it works out. but 40 million on two lads who've never finished above 6th in the league. (except that brief cameo robbie had for leeds before it all went cockwards, pedants.)
Spurs finished fifth two seasons in a row.

Keane is a good signing for the next couple of seasons. He'll be like Beardsley. He's underrated because he's an arsehole.

Ah there's Champions League medals and now Euro 2008 medals in the Anfield er, dressing room...
the hunger's there...it's just a bit more consistency that's needed & better options going forward.

What I'm saying is I reckon Robbie Keane is a great signing.
clearly you're saying that.

champions league ain't not the premeership, but.

Coming back from the dead to say that Hector, you've lost your mind. Is John O'Shea better than Fernando Torres cos United beat Liverpool last season? Give it a rest.
I saw Chelsea play Malaysia last night in the Shah Alam stadium by the way. Full team. They were rubbish of course, but it was a bit of a laugh all the same.

Coming back from the dead to say that Hector, you've lost your mind. Is John O'Shea better than Fernando Torres cos United beat Liverpool last season? Give it a rest.
I saw Chelsea play Malaysia last night in the Shah Alam stadium by the way. Full team. They were rubbish of course, but it was a bit of a laugh all the same.
john "european cup winner" o'shea is part of a team of winners, that wins, and beats liverpool. of course he's not a better player than torres, but is keane a better player than ronaldo. or tevez. or rooney?

once liverpool get that winning mentality, the players are (potentially) there to take the league and begin to dominate in the next few years. but if it comes down to not beating united again, they may never get that winning mentality, and if you're spending 40 mil, might as well get in some seasoned winners who won't take it lying down. keane and baz, they just want to play champions league football. that can't be the extent of our ambitions again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back