new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (8 Viewers)

it's just a matter doing the bread and butter stuff over the course of the season, playing your best players in their best positions, putting your foot on the ball and making the simple passes, proper movement off the ball, scoring more goals than the other team, at the end of the day, you want players who will do a job for you, week in, week out, give 110 per cent every time, not just when the cameras are on, you need the right players with the right manager, so if you ask me is this going to be liverpool's season? we'll see, bill, we'll see.

Honesty of effort, more like. Possibly with a dash of moral courage.

how often have keano and barry beaten united, chelsea, arsenal (in the league)?
ever?
barry was on the receiving end of a twatting for villa against united on two occasions last year. it's great that we might just have the ability to beat newcastle and everton, and sure, we'll have weakened two of our nearest rivals for that final champions league place, but is this the season we finally beat united?

yeah.if the big names stay injury free. agger, carragher, gerrard, masch, torres and players like babbel and keane play as well as they can. along with the wing backs coming forward more (which they have been bought to do). this has to be the best shot at it yet. if they are within 5 points of the top by the end of november and all of the above come through, should be very interesting. getting off to a decent start is essential this year. something in recent seasons they have been unable to do. beating united at home in september is something would be a huge boost. benitez has only beaten them in fa cup yeah?

how often have keano and barry beaten united... but is this the season we finally beat united?

Hopefully.

I think it's a red herring to point to Keane & Barry's presence in their respective teams of last season as some barometer of their ability.

Lest we forget Djimi Traore has a Champions League medal.

I'm not convinced bringing in barry is the right call, but your argument is moot. Barry plays for villa, keane played for spurs. He's with the pool now for better or worse. We'll see what we see when he's playing alongside players of that calibre. Our results were better aginst the other three without him last year in any case, apart from the scum.

Any player from the continent would quite conceivably have needed at least a season to settle. Hopefully he won't.

I'm not sure his bow and arrow routine is more irritating than cahill's corner flag punching by the way. It's a close thing but.

how often have keano and barry beaten united, chelsea, arsenal (in the league)?
ever?
barry was on the receiving end of a twatting for villa against united on two occasions last year. it's great that we might just have the ability to beat newcastle and everton, and sure, we'll have weakened two of our nearest rivals for that final champions league place, but is this the season we finally beat united?

by that logic we'd only improve by buying united players
it looks like a good enough squad, maybe lacking some good crossers but that's what the new lads are supposed to do

bigger question at this stage has to be the motivation... we never look up for it against the weaker teams. too many sqaud players come into the side looking like they dont give a fuck. then we piss away points. it's like benitez tells them "lads, yizzer shite, but i checked prozone and you've probably got enough between yiz to nick it 1-0"

Jesus wept.

1. If Keane can manage to forge a working relationship with a sulky fuck like berbs, he can work with one of the best strikers on the planet.
Fuck you and your religon chum.
Berbs was well taller than Keane and in history the best forward partnerships are always tall/small man combinations.
Toshack/Keegan
Wright/Smith (Arsenal)
2. Their style is by no means like for like. Keane is perfectly happy in the hole and has as many assists to his name as goals - he is generally used as second striker. Torres is a monster.
Will be interesting to see this season now won't it, I just happen to think that Keane playing a Bergkamp/Cantona in the hole role is a bit unrealistic, especially when he and Torres have to hold the ball up.

3. Keane is five foot nine. Torres is six foot one.
That baby face on him has well confused me then, I thought he was the 5ft9-10 mark at most!

As for Keane's worthiness of the red shirt, not only has he had double figure tallies for the past six years, that has invariably been in the face of continued time on the bench (04 through 06) or injury (knee ligament 06-07, although he was hardly scoring for fun up to that point in the season). He got 31 goals and 13 assists last year. For an english club.
I have not doubted his talents, he always gives his all which is what I like in players.

Seems like a relatively safe bet to me.
So the league is sewn up then in this the 19th year of drought? :p

(i'm going to edit the fuck out of this post if i'm wrong down the line)
What adds to the football season doesn't it! Trying to say one's knowledge of the game is superior to anothers, reminds me of Wenger/Ferguson/Scholari and Benitez!

:)

Hopefully.

I think it's a red herring to point to Keane & Barry's presence in their respective teams of last season as some barometer of their ability.

Lest we forget Djimi Traore has a Champions League medal.
not last season... EVER? genuine question.

john o'shea has a champion sleague winners medal too. and phil neville. and david may. and josemi. and richard money.

Keane's a good signing for Liverpool. He's a class act.
I'd compare it to United signing Teddy Sheringham, even if Keane is a bit younger. Teddy didn't have a great winning record, through no fault of his own. That changed when he was at a winning club.

great buy
keane has been one of the best players in the prem in the last 2 years

and consistent enough too
6 seasons scoring plus 10

im chuffed

el knackero and el nino
lethal

hes fast
hes red
he talks like father ted
robbie keane , hes robbie keane

He's definately not fast.

He's slow
He'll blow
He's does a bow and arrow
He's robbie keane, he's robbie keane.

Levy throwing his toys out of the pram over the move was a bit unsightly. Keane gave five good years of service to spurs and always worked his socks off. If he wants to move to a bigger club he's pretty entitled. Suck it up. I reckon he'll be a grand buy for Pool. I'd say most non mick pool supporters would think the same. Price is a bit steep alright, but no one's cheap these days.

not last season... EVER? genuine question.

john o'shea has a champion sleague winners medal too. and phil neville. and david may. and josemi. and richard money.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Danny Murphy scored a couple of winning goals against Man Ure.
Does this mean Rafa should re-sign him?

I'm not sure what your point is.

Danny Murphy scored a couple of winning goals against Man Ure.
Does this mean Rafa should re-sign him?
if liverpool beat united home and away, they'd be champions. that's the margin of error now. so in order to beat united, we need better players than theirs. which, given their form over the years, gazbaz and keano don't really look like being.

the villareal game is on the gogglebox tonight! OH FUCK. WILL I HAVE TO WATCH IT??? I FUKING THINK SO.

or if we'd beaten birmingham, west ham, reading, portsmouth, wigan, man city when we had stupid draws and defeats, we'd have won the league.
keane can handle that. and barry if he joins.
recent results against united, except maybe OT last season, have been down to lack of belief rather than anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back