new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Christian Vieri I'd say beats Keane. His moves to Lazio to Atletico Madrid and then from Lazio to Inter totals £51 mill alone. If I recall he went for massive money from Juve to Madrid too.

You're right, I just saw that Vieri's combined transfer fees come to a combined £62.8m!

not sure.

the club is investing 36odd million over the course of 4 years for our robbie. sounds fuckin crazy.

from LFC site,
Here are 10 things you may not know about our new striker:

1. According to his page on Bebo.com Robbie loves listening to music and picks out Blink 182, Robbie Williams, Ronan Keating and Eminem as some of his favourite artists.....

gifted

He's a good player is Robbie. He'll fit in well with Torres.

I'm just chuffed we got £20 million for a 28 year-old. It means we can now go and break our transfer record for another forward from a former Soviet Union country.

Got to say I never saw this transfer coming until it hit the news, as Billy says £28 million for a 28 year old cushions the blow, is it any wonder that Gillett and Hicks do try and hold the purse strings back a bit, Liverpool seem to really overspend on players, Barry as an example amongst many others.

Got to say I never saw this transfer coming until it hit the news, as Billy says £28 million for a 28 year old cushions the blow, is it any wonder that Gillett and Hicks do try and hold the purse strings back a bit, Liverpool seem to really overspend on players, Barry as an example amongst many others.

er, it's not 28 mil boss. 19 + 1.3 in add ons etc.

I don't think that £19m + a bag of sweets is that bad for a proven premiership player who got 23 goals last season (80 in 197 appearances for Spurs). Especially when you think that Houllier spent a combined £19m on Diouf (Lens 10 million), Diao (Sedan 5 million) and Bruno 'the new Zidane' Cheyrouhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruno_Cheyrou (Lille 4 million).

Cute:

andrewyatesafp2460276.jpg

Ferguson spent nearly STG40M on Carrick & Hargreaves. Why are Keane & Barry being held up as some dramatic new model of premiership overspending? They're overpriced for sure but anyone with an England cap or a few premiership games on the bench under their belt is way overpriced these days. When I were a young man you could go to the football fair and pick up 3 premiership players for 'alf a crown and still have change for a bellows for the wife and a yo yo for the boy.

funny, last i heard, liverpool didn't actually sign barry. something to do with the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back