new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

yeah we'll be fucked if anyone gets injured.
still, a 442 with gerrard, barry, villa (touch wood) and torres doesn't sound like a bad way to kick off. and plessis looks like he's more than able for the big league.

villa (touch wood).

doesnt look like it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/7496686.stm

"I said the other day that he is one of the names we had on our list," the Spaniard said of the Valencia forward.
"But I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us."

He added: "We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names, but at this moment, not our target."

Tottenham striker Keane has also been linked with a move to Anfield this summer and Benitez admitted he is one of several options the club are currently looking at.
o.gif

"Keane is one of the other names and OK, we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now."

There's conflicting reports about Juve pulling out of a bid for Alonso, so the lack of that cash might fuck up the Barry deal, or if not the money for another striker/winger... Alonso clearly wants to stay too... I just don't know. Can someone wake me up on the 16th of August?

There's conflicting reports about Juve pulling out of a bid for Alonso, so the lack of that cash might fuck up the Barry deal, or if not the money for another striker/winger... Alonso clearly wants to stay too... I just don't know. Can someone wake me up on the 16th of August?

Georgie O'Callaghan just signed for Tranmere. we missed out there.

Yossi's goal from the weekend win over Tranmere.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh2i6AT2IKg"]YouTube - Tranmere rovers 0--1 Liverpool[/ame]

Liverpool: Martin, Carragher (captain), Hobbs, Agger, Darby, Insua, Plessis, Leiva, Pennant, Benayoun, Pacheco. Subs - Hyypia, Gerrard, Spearing, Aurelio, Cavalieri, Degen, Kelly, Voronin, Skrtel, Flynn

yeah we'll be fucked if anyone gets injured.
still, a 442 with gerrard, barry, villa (touch wood) and torres doesn't sound like a bad way to kick off. and plessis looks like he's more than able for the big league.

Apparently it was an Italo style 3-2-3-1-1 that got the run out against Tranmere, basically a template for playing dagger skrtl and carra accross the back with dossena and degan to be marauding wing backs, gerrard Masch and Barry (in theory) across the middle right to left with kuyt(babel) sitting in and torres up front.

That could be spectacularly dull, but very difficult to score against.

Pacheco looked very nifty indeed by all accounts, if a touch lightweight.

Him and Nemeth could make my year yet I tell you.

dull? fuck it, winning is never dull. i'd settle for not losing too. but losing, and being dull, that can robbie keane to fuck.

Liverpool 2 Lucerne 1

Pacheco lovely through ball sets up lucas for the first, then lucas to Voronin who scores an absolute peach of a chip from the 18 yard for the second.

I will watch no more football on the internets i tell you.

Illegal tv box time, methinks.

Liverpool 2 Lucerne 1

Pacheco lovely through ball sets up lucas for the first, then lucas to Voronin who scores an absolute peach of a chip from the 18 yard for the second.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgYYBq0fFRE"]YouTube - 16th July : FC LUCERNE 1 - 2 LIVERPOOL Lucas Voronin[/ame]

Robbie Keane will undergo a medical today and his £20m move from Tottenham Hotspur may be completed in time for the forward to make his debut for his boyhood heroes in Liverpool's friendly in Spain against Villarreal on Wednesday.

Liverpool have offered the Republic of Ireland captain a five-year contract worth £80,000 a week and negotiations continued throughout the weekend after Tottenham reluctantly agreed to sell Keane, who scored 80 goals in 197 Premier League appearances during six years at White Hart Lane, on Friday evening.

KeaneCelebration-6793.jpg
robbiekeane-5343.jpg

Robbie Keane will undergo a medical today and his £20m move from Tottenham Hotspur may be completed in time for the forward to make his debut for his boyhood heroes in Liverpool's friendly in Spain against Villarreal on Wednesday.

Liverpool have offered the Republic of Ireland captain a five-year contract worth £80,000 a week and negotiations continued throughout the weekend after Tottenham reluctantly agreed to sell Keane, who scored 80 goals in 197 Premier League appearances during six years at White Hart Lane, on Friday evening.

KeaneCelebration-6793.jpg
robbiekeane-5343.jpg

You can take the man out of Tallaght...

So maybe by days end various football clubs, over the course of the last decade or so, will have paid in excess of £55 million for Robbie Keane.

This must put him up there with the Vieris and Anelkas.

I think he's fourth on the most expensive player in the world ever list.

Most expensive player list:

Anelka's transfer fees: £84.8m Paris St Germain - Arsenal £500,000; Arsenal - Real Madrid £22.3m; Real Madrid - Paris St Germain £20m; Paris St Germain - Manchester City £12m; Manchester City - Fenerbahce £7m; Fenerbahce - Bolton £8m; Bolton - Chelsea £15m
Veron's transfer fees: £76.2m Boca Juniors - Sampdoria £3m; Sampdoria - Parma £13m Parma - Lazio £18.1m; Lazio - Manchester United £28.1m; Manchester United - Chelsea £14m
Crespo's transfer fees: £70.8m River Plate - Parma £2m; Parma - Lazio £35.5m; Lazio - Inter Milan £16.5m; Inter Milan - Chelsea £16.8m

I think he's fourth on the most expensive player in the world ever list.

Most expensive player list:

Anelka's transfer fees: £84.8m Paris St Germain - Arsenal £500,000; Arsenal - Real Madrid £22.3m; Real Madrid - Paris St Germain £20m; Paris St Germain - Manchester City £12m; Manchester City - Fenerbahce £7m; Fenerbahce - Bolton £8m; Bolton - Chelsea £15m
Veron's transfer fees: £76.2m Boca Juniors - Sampdoria £3m; Sampdoria - Parma £13m Parma - Lazio £18.1m; Lazio - Manchester United £28.1m; Manchester United - Chelsea £14m
Crespo's transfer fees: £70.8m River Plate - Parma £2m; Parma - Lazio £35.5m; Lazio - Inter Milan £16.5m; Inter Milan - Chelsea £16.8m

Christian Vieri I'd say beats Keane. His moves to Lazio to Atletico Madrid and then from Lazio to Inter totals £51 mill alone. If I recall he went for massive money from Juve to Madrid too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back