new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

a largely unknown left-back is just what i need to fuel my fervent and misguided over-optimism. lets hope we can find a so-so substitute goalie and some aging international forward on a bosman who smells the lucre of a season on the treatment table, and then i'll be back here telling you how we'll win the league.

Largely unknown because he only signed for Udinese 2 years ago from his first club. Milan wanted him, Juve and Roma sniffed at him too. He's been likened to Zambrotta... he could be good you know. He's not in the Italian squad for the finals buh...

Largely unknown because he only signed for Udinese 2 years ago from his first club. Milan wanted him, Juve and Roma sniffed at him too. He's been likened to Zambrotta... he could be good you know. He's not in the Italian squad for the finals buh...
he could be flipping great. but. you know. he's 26. he plays for udinese. milan et all were sniffing around.... but they didn't buy him. we'll see. i hope he's good. if indeed he actually signs, which isn't clear as of yet

2001 joke opportunity missed. bah.

Sorry, here's something appropriate for number 2005 so.

Liverpool_Champs-Europe.jpg

he could be flipping great. but. you know. he's 26. he plays for udinese. milan et all were sniffing around.... but they didn't buy him. we'll see. i hope he's good. if indeed he actually signs, which isn't clear as of yet

eh, skrtel was hardly greeted by the queen of liverpool when he got off in john lennon. Dagger could have been have construed as a gamble by virtue of his youth. I'd hold my judgement on both degen and dossena til i see 'em thank you very much.

eh, skrtel was hardly greeted by the queen of liverpool when he got off in john lennon. Dagger could have been have construed as a gamble by virtue of his youth. I'd hold my judgement on both degen and dossena til i see 'em thank you very much.

The heartening thing is to see these players coming in early, so they can start getting settled well in advance. It's always a bit nervy when signings don't arriving til close to the kick off. We'll wait and see.

i'm holding off judgement. alls i'm saying is an unknown quantity at left back is not the missing piece in the liverpool jigsaw. united ready to blow another 50 mil on a few players, and we're chasing a 26 year old with one cap. he could be great, don't get me wrong, but where's the top topity top drawer winger we need? are we chasing a player that united or chlsea or real madrid want?

degen is a decent player, i've seen him many times before. he should slot in quite easily.

i'm holding off judgement. alls i'm saying is an unknown quantity at left back is not the missing piece in the liverpool jigsaw. united ready to blow another 50 mil on a few players, and we're chasing a 26 year old with one cap. he could be great, don't get me wrong, but where's the top topity top drawer winger we need? are we chasing a player that united or chlsea or real madrid want?

Ah I dunno, Sagna for example was an unknown quantity when we bought him. That CL semi final at Anfield might have gone another way if he hadn't been injured and Kolo had been in the middle rather than Senderos.

I think Babel could do a lot for you on the wing this year. Especially if rafa persists with the same formation, that's the sort of position he would have grown up playing at Ajax.

sagna was grant. the eyetie will be grand. degen is a decent player, for free he could be a great player. as far as full backs go, united are gonna throw 20 mil at alves. it's full back. 20 mil? among them all how many goals did sagna, clichy, brown, evra, belletti, cole, arbeloa, finnan, riise, aurelio, ferrerrerreria, essien, oshea, hoyte, traore chip in with? i can think of 3.

regardless of quality, getting in the fullbacks, which clearly we need don't get me wrong, is not gonna land the league. there's gotta be one big signing on the cards. who the hell is it?

optimism on standby, just before we get carried away with "is dossena the MISSING PIECE OF THE JIGSAW."

he isn't.

sagna was grant. the eyetie will be grand. degen is a decent player, for free he could be a great player. as far as full backs go, united are gonna throw 20 mil at alves. it's full back. 20 mil? among them all how many goals did sagna, clichy, brown, evra, belletti, cole, arbeloa, finnan, riise, aurelio, ferrerrerreria, essien, oshea, hoyte, traore chip in with? i can think of 3.

regardless of quality, getting in the fullbacks, which clearly we need don't get me wrong, is not gonna land the league. there's gotta be one big signing on the cards. who the hell is it?

optimism on standby, just before we get carried away with "is dossena the MISSING PIECE OF THE JIGSAW."

he isn't.

Absolutely, the fullback situation is a nice distraction, but there simply must be a world class player winger brought in, someone who we can look to other than Torres or Gerrard to change a game as well as another class striker. It's just not going to keep going in the right direction otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back