new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

philip degen has joined.
decent player i suppose. right back. hardly gonna set the world alight, but seeing as finnan is clearly on his way out and arbeloa is inconsistent donkey, it's a crucial signing. anyway. right back. easiest position on the pitch, that.

Our season went even further pear shaped once Bacary Sagna got injured but yeah I get your drift....although right wing is also a slot to say the same.
man united won the league with wes brown at right back, chelsea pushed them all the way with a succession of clowns in that position. i think if wenger had put hoyte there instead of toure it would have made more sense. it wasn't so much losing sagna (possibly the best rb in the league) but more losing toure from the centre. or to be precise: phillipe senderos. beyond the top for who have we got? hibbert? young? actually, luke young is alright. stephen carr?

No one knows why he moved Toure to right back or should I say continually used him there, Hoyte had a shocker in the FA cup at ManURe but surely Arsene shoulda eased him back as as you said our already questionable centre back positions were even further weakened.....we def need 1 tall old fashioned blood and thunder centre half to play along side Toure or Gallas.
Wes Brown played quite alot of good games btw for them this season, Chelsea just couldn't make up their mind......
I also think Senderos is not nearly as bad as people make out, sure he's been skinned by Drogba but then again most centre backs have, the 1 problem I have with Senderos is the 1 mistake per game, if he could get that out of his locker he would be a great back up centre back....

don't forget he made two stupid mistakes at anfield that cost arsenal the match - he let the mobile pole known as sami hyypia get away from him, then he stood a yard off fernando torres and basically invited him to turn and shoot
schoolboy errors

He also gave away the penalty. :rolleyes:

How many times have Liverpool conceded from corners at Anfield and that's just against ManURE!!!!

Wenger should have moved Eboue to right back and hence get rid of him in right midfield!!!

alonso to juve is gathering pace, according to the fourth estate. dude from juve over in england brokering deals for himself and wayne bridge (obviously). although if they get bridge it'll pave the way for liverpool to get dossana. who may or may not be any good. but john arne riise he ain't.

i think rafa is planning with uefa forinter rules in the offing. barry and alonso are similar, but barry is a brit. nuh. i prefer alonso.

Barry will be more effective. With a couple of notable exceptions, Xavi has been off the boil for the best part of 2 seasons.
i like barry, i think he's a great player with a lovely technique. always has been. criminally overlooked by sven. but, he's not particularly creative. dunno. i suppose we'll see, ifin he does indeed move.

I think Barry would give us more of an offensive threat than Alonso, who for all his great passing very rarely delivers the killer ball. That could be down to him playing a lot deeper lately as well tho. The one thing that Alonso does do very well and we will miss if he goes is the ability to slow the game down and control the tempo when we need to.

Even if Alonso does go I could still see Barry out left with Lucas playing a lot more in the middle

i think rafa is planning with uefa forinter rules in the offing. barry and alonso are similar, but barry is a brit. nuh. i prefer alonso.

i think alonso is a better player. but barry gives you options at full-back, centre and wide midfield. which is where liverpool have been lacking

Dossena looks set to sign apparently. Here's what an Italian fan posted on This Is Anfield.

quote_left.gif
Hi, I’m from Italy and I know very well Dossena. He’s one of the best left back in the Italian Championship with Vargas (Catania), Chivu (Inter) and Chiellini (who played last season as central defender).
In the Udinese 3-4-3 he plays at midfield, as winger, but he can play as left back in a 4-men defense as well.
If you need some stats: 2 goals and 3 assists on last season.
He played his first match in the National Team on October 2007 with a good assist for the goal of Cristiano Lucarelli, but he won’t go to the European Championship. The italian coach will bring Grosso (Lyon), Zambrotta (Barca), Panucci (Roma), Chiellini (Juventus) and maybe Oddo (Milan). He’s the better full back out of this list, and at the moment I think it’s even better than Oddo or Panucci (Right backs).
I think overall he would be a good deal for Liverpool, even if you shouldn’t think he’s the kind of player that can rise the quality of Liverpool’s defense from good to excellent.
quote_right.gif

If this goes through, it's looking shaping up fairly solidly at the back, hopefully Dossena and Degan can get forward and cross the ball from deep and give us that supply we never had this season. If Riise and Finnan go, Arbeloa and Aurelio will provide good cover/competition. Carragher, Skrtel, Agger and Hyypia are four strong centre backs. Even if we get Barry, we still need a high quality winger, the likes of Daniel Alves and another decent striker. Possibly a better back up keeper.

a largely unknown left-back is just what i need to fuel my fervent and misguided over-optimism. lets hope we can find a so-so substitute goalie and some aging international forward on a bosman who smells the lucre of a season on the treatment table, and then i'll be back here telling you how we'll win the league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back