new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (4 Viewers)

They need Agger back, and drinking his milk.
speculation i read the other day, that agger and skrtl will slog it out for the right to be carraghers partner. yeah right. jamie is gonna have to be really on his toes next year, cos those two are clearly the future.

jamie is gonna have to be really on his toes next year, cos those two are clearly the future.

Sad but true. Skrtel going off at chelsea finished us in Cl.

Remearkable how quickly the lad became irreplacable.
Regardless of Degen's ability or lack thereof, i'd like another right full please. Arbleoa, i'd like to see move on for a bit of scratch; not good enough. One world class right winger and a nifty one to bolster the left and i'm only curious as to who's replacing crouch up front.

I think everyone's agreed that we're crying out for a world class right sided midfielder/winger. But as regards the strikers situation, I think we may see Babel pushed further forward in that position (he is a natural forward after all, and certainly not a supply man.)

The other consideration is that next season will see the emergence of Krszián Németh. He's only just turned 19, but Robbie made his breakthrough at the same age, Michael Owen too. His stats so far are fairly impressive : 8 goals in 9 games for the reserves, 17 in 12 games for Hungary. He's not going to win us the league, but he will play a role next season and he could be our secret weapon.

The other consideration is that next season will see the emergence of Krszián Németh. He's only just turned 19, but Robbie made his breakthrough at the same age, Michael Owen too. His stats so far are fairly impressive : 8 goals in 9 games for the reserves, 17 in 12 games for Hungary. He's not going to win us the league, but he will play a role next season and he could be our secret weapon.

16 is the new 19.
Dani Pacheco to score 20.

nice to see the lads having a bit of fun after a long season

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XH_BoxsQ7MY&feature=related"]YouTube - gerrard, carragher, babel and torres hittin it out in town[/ame]

RAFA TO HOLD MASCH TALKS
310107_mascherano_120_02.jpg
Rafa Benitez is to hold talks with Javier Mascherano over his proposed participation in the Olympic Games later this summer. Mascherano is expected to be included as an over-age player in Argentina's squad for the Games, which take place in Beijing between August 8 and 24.

If the 23-year-old does travel, it would leave Liverpool short of cover in midfield during the early part of 2008-09, with Lucas also likely to be selected for Brazil.

Benitez said: "This is a very difficult situation for us because we have Lucas who is eligible through his age with Brazil and Mascherano who can play for Argentina as an over-age player, so I need to discuss his position with him.

"We will see what happens. We have some time so we need to wait and we will try to find a solution with Mascherano that will be the best for the club and the best for the player.

"With Lucas and Sebastian Leto we will accept the situation.

"It is a difficult situation because if the countries want the best players to take part they have to go to the professional clubs. But from our point of view, we have to manage the situation as well as we can."

Hmm... this could be an issue alright. Rafa doesn't take too kindly to this kind of thing.

queersma was out the door anyway. he'll pitch up at inter.

if rafa goes for anyone it'd be lucho gonzalez

ENABLING WORKS START ON NEW LFC STADIUM
Liverpoolfc.tv 24 June 2008

"Liverpool City Council granted full planning permission on June 19 to Liverpool Football Club to build a 60,000 seater stadium and outline planning permission for a mixed use development on the existing Anfield stadium site.
The stadium will incorporate a club shop, conference and banqueting facilities, parking for almost 1,000 vehicles and a Community Partnership centre. Its design is ultimately capable of accommodating up to 73,000 people subject to further planning permission.

LFC has instructed Laing O'Rourke to commence enabling works under a licence issued by the Liverpool City Council. Works started on June 23.

Co-chairman George Gillett said: "This is a significant milestone for the club and I am delighted that the design received full planning consent and that we are now on site.

"We have been working very hard over the last six months to move the details of the design along but this is the first tangible evidence for fans that a New LFC Stadium will be built.

"The stadium design is unique and will be recognised across the world as the Liverpool FC Stadium. It incorporates a Kop stand that will hold 18,000 fans and we hope that the stadium will be as noisy and atmospheric on a matchday as Anfield."

Co-chairman Tom Hicks added: "We recognise the importance of a new LFC Stadium as part of the wider regeneration of the local area.

"We have watched the council transform Stanley Park over the last six months and the ongoing refurbishment of houses in the Anfield/ Breckfield area. I am pleased that now the club has received full planning permission it can join the regeneration process with the commencement of enabling works."

The stadium is on programme to open for the beginning of the 2011-12 season. "

Don't know what to make of this. Where the hell are they going to get the £300m to build it??????

Does anyone know if the Hertha Berlin friendly on July 22nd is in Anfield or Berlin?

Most football sites blocked here ffs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back