NEIL JUNG - ROLL CALL! (1 Viewer)

i enjoyed the show too - particularly 'Old Man' and 'Needle' - except some drunken idiot picked a row with my mother in the middle of 'Mr Soul', and my da got all riled up and we'd to hold him back. Not nice.

Ouch!!!! There were a lot of middle aged drunkards at the gig - reminded me of a wedding!!

Great gig all the same - way better than i expected.

A load of pissed up auld lads behind me all came from the Dublin match so I'm sure that had something to do with the high number of drunks.

I thought the gig was great, personal favourites were Powderfinger, Mr Soul, Het Hey My My, Old man and the last song before the encore which rawked like a mofo .|..| I came home and watched a bit of Glastonbury and none of the trendy hipsters could hold a candle to Mr Young when it comes to balls out rock...

Negatives
Getting out - We ended up climbing over a fence.

The Frames - You're a support act, play your up tempo songs and singles that people know and don't explain what every song is about before you play them NOBODY CARES

No Like A Hurricane, Cortez, anything from On The Beach.

For the sake of completeness: 06-29-2008, Malahide Castle, Dublin, Ireland Neil Young and His Electric BandLove And Only Love / I've Been Waiting For You / Mr. Soul / Spirit Road / Powderfinger / Hey Hey, My My / Too Far Gone / Oh, Lonesome Me / Mother Earth / The Needle And The Damage Done / Unknown Legend / Old Man / Get Back To The Country / Words / No Hidden Path // A Day In The Life

aye my brother watched the sound check ...he said it went from about 15:30 - 17:00 and covered quite a bit of the setlist...they'd to pull NY off the stage so that the support could get it together...

loved this, especially starting with love to burn. definitely was a gig for the old fans who just own harvest though. after the 1st half hour i got it into my head that despite all the acoustic stuff on stage he was going to ignore it totally and just rock out. was disappointed for about a half second when he strapped on the acoustic.

also, the sound was awful outside the pit. we were at the bar at one stage and having to cover our ears at some of the distortion. was deadly in the pit though.

taxi ride home was fun too, turkish guy who was telling us all about the big irish music festival he plans to launch. in his head

That was a bit good. An absolutely ferocious rock out for most of it. There was inevitably going to be some tunes he didn't play, because its Neil Young but I liked what he did play, except maybe that Mother Earth song that someone mentioned - still, that was also to be expected.

Ben Keith in general, but his jumper especially, was magnificent. That Hidden Path song may be the longest song I've heard in concert. Must have been between 25 and 30 minutes.

Powderfinger was the highlight for me. I fucking love that song.

That was a bit good. An absolutely ferocious rock out for most of it. There was inevitably going to be some tunes he didn't play, because its Neil Young but I liked what he did play, except maybe that Mother Earth song that someone mentioned - still, that was also to be expected.

Ben Keith in general, but his jumper especially, was magnificent. That Hidden Path song may be the longest song I've heard in concert. Must have been between 25 and 30 minutes.

Powderfinger was the highlight for me. I fucking love that song.

I like Mother Earth! Screw you all :p!! Should of finished off Like a Hurricane or Cortez, defo! Or Come on Baby let's go downtown woulda been cool! The feckin beatles...

And yes Ben Keith is a legend...in his jumper you'd get at Christmas!

Powderfinger has the best line ever "I saw black,
And my face splashed in the sky", it's so damn evocative, of a dying soldier falling into a water-filled trench with sky reflecting off it and stuff.

Neil Young rocked so hard I thought some shit was gonna explode! Best opener I've heard for a long time. He is definitely one of the most distinctive lead guitarists around. Great gig!

I really enjoyed this gig -was great to finally get to see/hear him live!

And I can't believe he played my fav song ''I've been waiting for you'! That was the highlight for me (and was only the second song!)
Buts:
Can anyone explain why there was a red telephone on the drumkit tho? And what was that windmill thing for? I thought he was a bit grumpy and he stormed off the stage at the end without sayin g'nite! But he can get away with it cos he's so cool:O

I like Mother Earth!

i second this, kind of. the harmonium and melody are nice, the lyrics well the aren't so good.

"Respect mother earth and her giving ways
Or trade away our childrens days."

Alright, Alright i pay for my recycling bin take it easy and how did you an your entourage get here mr young, oh on a big plane was it, oh i see... and eh i didn't see you on the dart back to connolly after the gig, did you get the bus was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back