NEIL JUNG - ROLL CALL! (2 Viewers)

cork last night was fairly similar to dublin by the sounds of things. enjoyed it but a little too much guitar solo going on for my liking. played for over two hours. 40 to 50 minutes of which was solos. not your run of the mill guitar wank obviously. but still.

according to the Examiner today he played mr soul and old man aswell?? great journalism.

here what was the story with the second mic he had on the mic stand? what was that for?

I thought it was specifically for his harmonica but i have been known to be wrong from... time to time.

Yeah, that mic was for harmonica.
He ripped it down in Cork cuz it was feeding back.

Setlist in Cork was quite similar to the Dublin one someone posted.
Except he also played Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere and Heart of Gold.

Brilliant!
So much wailing!!

Cork gig was savage.

played 5 songs I think off Chrome Dreams II, gotta say I didn't really know them that well, but sounded great.

As Ronan said, must have been more or less same set as Dublin with a few changes. was disappointed we didn't get Cortez...or Ambulance Blues (or anything off Zuma or On The Beach) but thems the breaks. Everybody Knows and Words were particularly amazing.
the other old hits included: Hey Hey, My My, Heart Of Gold, Unknown Legend, Oh, Lonesome Me,
The Needle & The Damage Done, Are You Ready For The Country, and the two covers of course.

Some people said he was pretty grumpy, but I think he seemed to be enjoying himself, and was well into it.

Seeing him again in a couple of days. Cannot fucking wait!

Just the two off Chrome Dreams II, and yes indeed it was very savage!!

doh, yer right....spirit road and no hidden path were the ones of CD II right? I haven't got that yet.

he also played I've Been Waiting for you from the first album, and mother earth, and some other track that i just can't for the life of me remember

edit: that other track was love and only love from Ragged Glory. Opened with it

according to the Examiner today he played mr soul and old man aswell?? great journalism.
i remember reading an examiner review of a waterboys gig down the showgrounds a few years ago where the journalist thought they were at a hothouse flowers gig

this was deadly anyway. personally, i was all for the extended song versions ... if he'd done a 3 hour set just consisting of love and only love, words and no hidden path, i'd have been more than chuffed. i'll add my name to the mother earth naysayers list too. still, 5 minutes dud, 2 hours 25 minutes solid gold

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back