natural family planning (2 Viewers)

roxy said:
well when you're 16 there may well be peer pressure to HAVE sex. We're trying to peer pressurise her away from having sex. Is that not better? Fighting fire with fire?

When/if I have teenagers, I will use the way my mother encouraged me to 'save myself' until I was practically an antique. It was simple, "If you have sex, you will die."

"What? How's that, Mom?"

"BECAUSE I WILL KILL YOU, THAT'S WHY."

Worked, too. The same also went for rollercoasters (rickety deathtraps), motorcycles (certain maiming and decapitation), riding a bike without a helmet (permanent brain damage, vegetative state, no ice cream), skateboards (see previous), drugs (obviously), drinking (certain alcoholism, possible lifetime of homelessness and mouthwash-drinking), and rock concerts (absolute certainty that we would be trampled to death). Didn't work in all categories.

i dont think anyone is peer pressuring triangle girl into anythin..either way..she posted a question that people have tried to answer..and to be fair abstinence is taught in schools as a form of birth control so people advocating her not having sex are just putting across their point of view..i think some valid points have been put across for trianglegrrl and stuff that she can take on board and then make an informed decision..of course theres the usual shit that seems to infuse most threads on thumped but hey what can you do?

when yr 16 it can be hard to find out relevant and informed opinions on birth control especially somethin like natural forms..and yes while most of us would agree that its not always a valid option shouldnt we at be glad that trianglegrrl is giving thought to birth control at all?i mean the issue here isnt having sex but how to protect yourself and others..and i dont think anyone is preaching or otherwise..she obviously posted the question in order to get older peoples opinions because most of her peers probably have never used nor know anyone who has used the billings method or anythin along those lines...

oh and sorry for say her..i just didnt think it sounded right repeating her username all the time:)

Anyway, what guy would pull out? The guy with the most self control in the world, that's who - i.e., nobody. It doesn't matter how responsible a guy is - no way is he gonna want to pull out. I mean, he may do it once or twice to keep you happy or whatever.

My advice is don't have sex. Or if you do, use a rubber johnny.

Actually, have you asked him what he plans to do?

I think if you look at the objective advice available, the natural method isn't advisable for trianglegrl's situation; personally, I find it hard to imagine a circumstance where it is the best option, unless someone has objections to other methods on religious grounds.

Can I take it that you (trianglegrl) are asking about it because of some reluctance or dissatisfaction with other methods (pill, condoms etc)? If so, you still have to protect your health and so you should at least use condoms, no matter what birth control you decide upon.

It's probably best to speak to a professional about this, as some people have very bad reactions to the pill in terms of depression and it can take some time to find the right pill for you anyway.

As someone else said earlier, speak to the well woman or IFPA as a starting point.

oh my god i just read this thread.

michelle, i have to say i'm with the others on this; it's simply too risky! i know your boyfriend is a lovely guy and i'm sure he would have the best intentions, but most guys i've talked to about sex say the same thing - moments before they come, there's nothing in the world that's gonna stop them. (and i know people who've tried this method before and they're now pushing a pram around)

ultimately here you are putting yourself at risk to the swarms of STD's out there, and to the prospect of having to do a pregnancy test/get the morning after pill/god forbid - hop on the boat to the UK.

alot of people hate using condoms, it feels better when there's nothing 'interrupting' the process, but that 'interruption' will end up saving you from things that could turn you from a carefree 16 year old into a worrysome old woman overnight.

from reading this it's clear that we all have your best interest at heart, and if i were you i would heartily endorse some of the advice that has been doled out here. and do go and visit your doctor and talk it out with him.

trianglegrrrl said:
don't worry it's none of the above. I'm the one who doesn't like condoms. I generally wouldn't put anything in the gee I wouldn't put in my mouth. I am very sex/STD responsible regardless of what this thread makes you assume. I'm also curious about natural methods and healing when it comes to illness and other things.

does anyone use the pill? if so how do you find it?

Trianglegrrl I would advise you to think VERY carefully about natural methods of contraception. I've been with my partner for 8 years and am a lot older than you. We were silly and took risks and now I'm the proud mother of a lovely little 8 month old girl. Totally unplanned but totally inevitable when healthy sperm enters your welcoming uterus!

So, unless you are ready to grow up very fucking quickly and give up your freedom I would advise you to go on the pill immediately or use condoms. It's that simple.

Speaking of boat trips to England, I used to do just that to stock up on free contraception. Do you have any friends/rellies over the water? I'd stay with a mate in Liverpool, have a nice weekend away and stock up on the Pill while I was there. Worked out quite cheap...

As for NFP - not at 16, nooooooo!

There's loads of different kinds of Pill, I'm sure you'd find one that suits. Go and speak to someone in the Well Woman on Liffey St and do it this month - it's closed for the whole of April.

Catwoman said:
Speaking of boat trips to England, I used to do just that to stock up on free contraception. Do you have any friends/rellies over the water? I'd stay with a mate in Liverpool, have a nice weekend away and stock up on the Pill while I was there. Worked out quite cheap...

As for NFP - not at 16, nooooooo!

There's loads of different kinds of Pill, I'm sure you'd find one that suits. Go and speak to someone in the Well Woman on Liffey St and do it this month - it's closed for the whole of April.

you mean they just hand out the pill over there?
thats pretty sweet,a lot better than spendiing a ton every morning after...

aoifed said:
Oh. And. If, while having unprotected sex, you catch something like Gonorrhea, something nice that makes you infertile, you won't even *have* to worry about contraception ever again. PHEW. Anyone for aids?
come on! person's clearly looking for advice, not to be made feel small.

deafmute said:
you mean they just hand out the pill over there?
thats pretty sweet,a lot better than spendiing a ton every morning after...

All contraception is free in the UK. You'd obviously have to go through the same weight/blood pressure tests before they give it you but yeah, it's pretty sweet.

I can't understand why Britain has the highest teen pregnancy rates in Europe!

i was on pills at the weekend, and although i was in love with everone, i couldn't sex them up, even if i wanted to. i just wanted to talk about stuff. now there's a contraceptive. come to think of it, i'm a comtraceptive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back