Eir mobile (1 Viewer)

Cornu Ammonis

Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
brainwashed.com
Does anyone use eir mobile and if so, how do you find it? They’re a lot cheaper than my current provider (3) but I know they’re a shower of inept baboons when it comes to customer service on the landline/broadband front.

Does anyone use eir mobile and if so, how do you find it? They’re a lot cheaper than my current provider (3) but I know they’re a shower of inept baboons when it comes to customer service on the landline/broadband front.

I don't know.

But try clear mobile for 15 bucks before you go for that daylight robbery

The quality of the phone service I've no complaints with.

I have had a few issues doing things on their website that I ended up needing to go into a shop for or call customer services. One when I wanted to change the card I'm billed on from my old Ulster Bank account to my new bank, had to go into a shop, and again when they said they'd start charging for posting out bills and the site wouldn't let me opt in to paperless billing, both issues were solved in the shop and over the phone respectively quite painlessly but they're things that I should have been able to do without any other person being involved.

I only signed up with them because they had virgin media sport as part of the package and that's gone now so I've been thinking of moving on from them myself if I can get a better plan.

That looks great but I need a new phone as part of the deal so will need to work out how much it is to buy a new phone and go with that plan versus getting a package.

Buying the phone on a plan is essentially financing the phone and will probably work out 10-15% more expensive then buying it on day 1. If you go that route be sure to set an alert on the phone for the day your contract is up and change it right then.

Buying the phone on a plan is essentially financing the phone and will probably work out 10-15% more expensive then buying it on day 1.
Sometimes - sometimes - in the past I’ve found this to not be the case. Definitely worth checking how the numbers work out.

I’m on the €9.99 Gomo thing and I don’t think it’ll ever be worth getting back into a contract.

I use them. I got it as part of a bundle with the broadband and the telly. Great value really. And the quality is deadly. I have better service here than I ever had with Vodafone or Three. I've also had no issues with their customer service. Apparently they are trying to boost that part of their image by putting more effort into listening to customers. I don't use their website but their app is the most user-friendly of any provider I've been with.

oh, and they also have the most generous EU roaming allowance (30GB). I was in spain for a number of weeks earlier this year and that came in most useful.

Buying the phone on a plan is essentially financing the phone and will probably work out 10-15% more expensive then buying it on day 1. If you go that route be sure to set an alert on the phone for the day your contract is up and change it right then.
My current phone (an iPhone of some description) was cheaper on the plan when I worked it out last time but it’s all part of the excel file of doom.

My current phone (an iPhone of some description) was cheaper on the plan when I worked it out last time but it’s all part of the excel file of doom.
I think sometimes it can work out if you get a just-released phone on contract, when the phone is at its most expensive? maybe?

I did one of those spreadsheets for all the companies 3 years ago when i got my iPhone 11 and it worked out cheaper to buy it outright vs 2 year contract, but I got it from a shop on Capel street for a couple of hundred quid less than Apple were charging at the time, sooo......

Added bonus: I'm now also far less inclined to jump to the latest phone (and get rolled over into a new 2 year contract) so i get more mileage.... might upgrade this year though if they switch to USB-C....

I think sometimes it can work out if you get a just-released phone on contract, when the phone is at its most expensive? maybe?

I did one of those spreadsheets for all the companies 3 years ago when i got my iPhone 11 and it worked out cheaper to buy it outright vs 2 year contract, but I got it from a shop on Capel street for a couple of hundred quid less than Apple were charging at the time, sooo......

Added bonus: I'm now also far less inclined to jump to the latest phone (and get rolled over into a new 2 year contract) so i get more mileage.... might upgrade this year though if they switch to USB-C....
I never go for the latest phone; I always go for the older model as it’s usually a lot cheaper.

That looks great but I need a new phone as part of the deal so will need to work out how much it is to buy a new phone and go with that plan versus getting a package.
If you wanna go cheapskate refurb.ie with the 12 month warranty, and that other plan mentioned for a tenner. Eir 480 a year?

Phone and other plan

120 + phone for 12 mths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back