natural family planning (1 Viewer)

aoifed said:
It's not really fair to people making genuine contributions on this thread to call it abuse.

I wasn't referring to the genuine contributions. They are the babystoppers.

I was however surprised that nobody offered to help trianglegrl try out the natural method of family planning.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I was however surprised that nobody offered to help trianglegrl try out the natural method of family planning.

Don't the people saying it's completely unsuitable for a 16 year old count as "help"?

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:

Really? I think, in fairness, if it was one of the older, slightly more settled dames from Thumped who was enquiring then the replies would have been a little less cynical. But I think the responses she got were out of concern and not-wanting-her-to-get-knocked-up-ness, as opposed to plain unhelpfulness. Like the way, if you said you were going to try to pole vault across the grand canyon, your family/wife might be a little slow in helping you calculate wind speeds etc.

ms.b.haven said:
Yeah your GP should set you up with a 6 month prescription, maybe 3 months if you're only starting off. Oh and every 6 months you'll have to go get your blood pressure checked or they won't do up a new prescription for you (well my doctor won't)

What are you talking about?

You dont need contraception.

trianglegrrrl said:
does anyone use the pill? if so how do you find it?

You should just make an appointment with a family planning clinic. They'll sit you down and ask you loads of questions about your family's medical history. They won't look down on you or frown on you for not having your mom with you or whatever, so don't panic.

They'll ask a few questions about your periods (whether they reduce you to a wailing monster writhing around on the floor in spasams or if they're normal) and will prescribe the best type of pill for you.

When I first started, I was given three months supply and it cost €50 (including the appointment) or something- it's nothing when you think about it, plus you'll be able to time your 'cycle' down to the day...

life-changing.

surely they should call it family not-planning

want a family? don't use johnnies or whatnot

I have a chisler and another one on the way - neither of them were planned

However, I'm sure this is no help whatsoever. Oh well.

Natural Family Planning

pros: free
cons: more sheet washing, fights over the wet patch

trianglegrrrl said:
does anyone use the pill? if so how do you find it?

What you have to remember here is that there are LOADS of different types of pill which people take for a variety of reasons (e.g. acne, pms, heavy periods, etc). They are all slightly different and would give you slightly different side effects. Some of the pills they have now (e.g. Yasmin) are extremely low dose and are unlikely to cause you any major troubles.

You really need to speak to a qualified health professional about this. If you are unwilling/unsure about going to your local GP about this, I highly recommend the Well Woman Centre on Liffey Street who are extremely understanding, helpful and forward-thinking. If you explain your concerns (cost, dosing yourself with loads of hormones) about going on birth control to whoever you are seeing for a prescription, they'll prescribe one that meets your needs.

the pill alone isn't 100%, and condoms can tear every now and then. get them both.

you mightn't like rubbers, nobody does,
but until you've had the joyful experience of taking/watching your girlfriend take the morning-after pill,
followed by a few days tense waiting to see if it worked,
i guess you'll have to take peoples' word for it.
natural planning is crazy, never wonder why catholic families have so many cousins?

specially if you're getting rides like most 16 year olds get rides, ie, whenever ye can, not whenever your chart says so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back