natural family planning (1 Viewer)

trianglegrrrl said:
Pete did you also happen to read:

Age of consent is a load of bollox. Did you drink before you were 18, pete?

I was simply curious, I didn't expect to get the head ripped off me. I know people in their twenties who have being using "natural" methods since they were my age. The way some people are replying you'd swear i was a walking mattress...

well, no, i think most people were pointing out that
a)natural family planning methods are not the most reliable, especially when you're still in your teens and your cycle hasn't settled down - unless you're willing to spend a looot of time charting your temperature and analysing the consistency of your cervical mucus. oh, and not having penetrative sex at the time of the month when your body possibly reeeeally wants to do it.
b)natural methods do not protect against the wide variety of interesting diseases that are frolicking around out there.
c)pulling out is not an effective means of contraception. full stop.

that said, i know a couple of women of my geriatric vintage who use nfp, and it has worked for them, but even they say it's a lot of work, and not for everyone.

trianglegrrrl said:
does anyone use this? how effective is it? what methods do you use? would you recommend it to me?
I'm 34 years of age, myself and my wife have been together since we were 18, we already have one child and intend to have a second at some stage - and we don't use natural contraception because even we would have something to lose by an unplanned pregnancy. Someone who has so much more to lose (plus additional disease risks) shouldn't even waste her time considering it, I would think

trianglegrrrl said:
Age of consent is a load of bollox.

No it's not - it's there to give legal protection to minors (ie, you).

Did you drink before you were 18, pete?

I did indeed, but I didn't think I could get pregnant from it.

I was simply curious, I didn't expect to get the head ripped off me. I know people in their twenties who have being using "natural" methods since they were my age.

That's called "luck".

Natural methods are fine if you're in a long term monogamous relationship and can trust your partner not to play away from home. You also need to trust yourself to regularly take basal temperatures, chart your cycle and monitor all sorts of stuff I don't know (and don't want to know) about. I'm not Brian Conniffe, like.

The way some people are replying you'd swear i was a walking mattress...
That was not my intention.

But i'm old enough to be your father so i'm allowed say these things.

deafmute said:
no doubt and if you did end up pregnant i expect the buoy would be GONE in the blink of an eye.sex is bad mmmkay?
I find that very presumptous. You do not know me and you do not know him. Isn't generalising a lovely hobby?

pete said:
if you're in a long term monogamous relationship
I am.

Pete, I don't think there should be an age of consent. There certainly wouldn't need to be one if there was proper sex ed given in schools rather than nasty ACCORD or any other catholic groups telling you to obsessively wash yourself and not giving any good advice. If people knew about their bodies, knew how not to get pregnant, knew they were ready, surely they could have sex then, regardless of age?

So what do you have against various forms of contraception? Would you difficulties with the pill for medical reasons? (Not that that's any of our business at all, so apologies, but still).

I heard one sassy 16 year old say recently that when her friend moaned about the price of condoms, she grabbed her arm and brought her to the next aisle to show her the price of nappies. The friend shut her hole. All of em.

Yo triangledude. I'm sure I don't need to tell you this, it's pointing out the obvious but the only condition under which you should be sleeping with someone without a condom is if you have both been given a clean bill of health by a Genito Urinary Clinic and like Pete said, you're sure the dude won't sleep around on you.

roxy said:
So what do you have against various forms of contraception? Would you difficulties with the pill for medical reasons? (Not that that's any of our business at all, so apologies, but still).

I heard one sassy 16 year old say recently that when her friend moaned about the price of condoms, she grabbed her arm and brought her to the next aisle to show her the price of nappies. The friend shut her hole. All of em.
well I enquired about the pill at the health centre and it cost 45 euro for a consultation and a tenner a month after that. I don't have a medical card and i hardly see my parents chipping in...
Also it was here on thumped that i read about people complaining about the pill and all the side effects. I'm not sure if i want to put loads of hormones in my body.
LIDLs johnnys are 5.99 for 12!

I notice no-one has mentioned a little thing called
SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE!!!

you heathen cunts

trianglegrrrl said:
I don't think there should be an age of consent.

When I said "It's there to protect minors" I meant "from themselves, too".

There certainly wouldn't need to be one if there was proper sex ed given in schools rather than nasty ACCORD or any other catholic groups telling you to obsessively wash yourself and not giving any good advice. If people knew about their bodies, knew how not to get pregnant, knew they were ready, surely they could have sex then, regardless of age?

The irony being that it's the catholic organisations who are the proponents of natural family planning methods (in the context of marriage, of course).

if you asking about natural family planning is driven out of financial concerns (x and y are too expensive), that is kind of fucked up

and i'm taking a bet on whether or not you end up living with preggers mcgreggors by xmas

Would it be presumptious of me to suggest that the reason you might be opting for NFP is for one of the following reasons

-too embarrassed to visit a well woman centre for a pill prescription
-too embarrassed to go to the local chemist for the necessaries
-he says he doesn't want to use condoms coz they're shite

I'm genuinely not having a go, but if the answer is even vaguely yes to any of the above, then I dont really think that's good enough reason to try something as risky as NFP.

I'm not saying dont have sex, coz that's a waste of time, and we were all 16 once. Apparently. But frankly, I think the natural thing is absolutely mad.

But that's just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back