MOR OF THE SAME PLEASE (4 Viewers)

this half an hour of shite in the back room of a castle.

man, the castle room is the best... i think i spent most of listening time there last year.... bacon fryers rule... but actually i don't eat red meat so maybe avacado fryers ..... mmmm, avacado

it also depends on your definition of mainstream ... maybe just music people outside a small group of people are buzzing about but that wouldn't get a look in at a mainstream festival and doesn't jar with the spirit of the event

if you don't like the music at a festival don't go.

i mean who goes to a festival and says "i don't like the music, I think you should change it" loopy.

i blame burger king and all their "have it your way" hyper-individualisation wankery

only messin sure - I'm off to le Pub to drink

Alan Latchley said:
I can't see the problem with slotting a few 'mainstream' acts in there, as such. If Mór continues as it has done for the past two years with a faithful regular crowd pretending to know about most of the acts, and willing to listen to a host of bacon fryers year in year out, then the festival will peter out as the crowd will get bored of the same old same old, and indeed the crowd itself will get older and - in that great music tradition - get sick of seeing their friends play all the time and drift away. I can so see this happening with Mór.

there were mor(!) mainstream atcs at mor1: the chalets, rednecks, tycho's, jimmy cakes etc than last year which was a bit of a disappointment apart from adem, agitated radio pilot and or course mr. suzuki.

and nobody knew it was on last year. compared to the push that it was given the year before.

yeah, evolution is needed. and better promotion. cause its a lovely location and just secret enough to make it appeal to the indie snobs who dont wanna go to oxygen....and thats a huge market if they can be informed.......

FancyGoods said:
On a scale from '0' to 'Great idea' I give this 10.

ThisIsSpinalTap.jpg

Thayl said:
Autechre are doing some festivals in the UK/Europe in July, Mor should get them to play at Mor.

This is a deadly idea!!! Even the Fonz thinks so. He don't give the thumbs up to just anybody!

fonzthumbsupbw.jpg

Alan Latchley said:
dare I say it, a little more real music as opposed to some out-of-it plank making bacon frying noises on a laptop for three quarters of an hour....

is this what yr referring to? (from a matmos interview on their pastic surgery sampling medical record):

"The most disturbing operation I watched was this one forehead lift where they were severing the muscles in this woman's head through these incisions in her hairline and all of a sudden I noticed smoke coming out of the wounds as they cauterised the muscles. The sound was like bacon frying, which was her muscles burning inside her head. But a lot of the time what was more surprising is that a surgery room is a workplace like any other. Normally the surgeons would listen to music. They listen to the Beach Boys and stuff."

yeah!!!! deadly idea! and get lightning bolt too. they're pretty ok live :)

I think mór is fucking deadly, I looked forward to it for aaages last year, and I'm looking forward to it again already. I still think there should be a two night stayover though because:

it. makes. so. much. sense. from. a. logistical. point. of. view.

Thayl said:
Autechre are doing some festivals in the UK/Europe in July, Mor should get them to play at Mor.
Great !!! How much are they asking ? If they got them and the Bay City Rollers, that would still leave €23.75 to pay the soundmen ! Cool !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back