MOR OF THE SAME PLEASE (4 Viewers)

well, I know nothing about this or the whys and wherefores of this but it looks like mor as we all know it isn't happening, and the people in the castle are doing it themselves (extremely amateurly by the looks of things, and judging from their online conversations they don't know their arse from their elbow) and are using the name mor. Which is quite misleading I would think, as it trades on an established 'brand' but they're not (so far) delivering the same quality. Seems a bit dishonest, unless of course they actually own that name.

pete said:
you mean read? for myself?

ah here chnow

kirstie said:
well, I know nothing about this or the whys and wherefores of this but it looks like mor as we all know it isn't happening, and the people in the castle are doing it themselves (extremely amateurly by the looks of things, and judging from their online conversations they don't know their arse from their elbow) and are using the name mor. Which is quite misleading I would think, as it trades on an established 'brand' but they're not (so far) delivering the same quality. Seems a bit dishonest, unless of course they actually own that name.
ah right. sounds... messy.

Re: mor?

giveachickakick said:
so its not happening this year then? there seems to be a conspiracy of silence surrounding it. or are "the dublin crowd" (as they are referred to on the dodgy site below) not involved?

... feckin' dubs!....

kirstie said:
well, I know nothing about this or the whys and wherefores of this but it looks like mor as we all know it isn't happening, and the people in the castle are doing it themselves .

I too have not heard the viewpoint of the "Dublin Crowd" as they are referred to, but I must say some of the bitching about them on the link I posted is astounding. Fair play to the Dublin Crowd for not stooping to the same level.

kirstie said:
(extremely amateurly by the looks of things, and judging from their online conversations they don't know their arse from their elbow) and are using the name mor Which is quite misleading I would think, as it trades on an established 'brand' but they're not (so far) delivering the same quality. Seems a bit dishonest, unless of course they actually own that name.

I assume the name Mor is derived from Tullamore so it isn't the same as someone robbing the Witness name or something.

I have no interest in the planned festival if the Dublin Crowd are not involved - looks like it will be full of hippies selling healing crystals.

"In fact I would like to see MoR becoming a gathering of creative talent in media and sustainable development."

This is wrong, it's all about synergies and emergent dynamics.

So is the general consensus that this will be a shambles?

The mentioning of "Comedy Night" and "Snow Patrol" on that thread is interesting. Did anyone here actually sign up to play?

I know - how clueless are these people? Oh, lets get snow patrol to play for free, they need the good press. Ahum...
and yes, it will be a shambles. It's almost June! We took about 6 months to organise Ladyfest, for example.

Stacy said:
The mentioning of "Comedy Night" and "Snow Patrol" on that thread is interesting. Did anyone here actually sign up to play?

thanks for pointing that out, Mr Sweetness and Light.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
oh let me guess - it's "cool" to be "cynical" in dublin?????

you guys are HATERS!!!

I'd go if the castle was Castle Greyskull and I could be She Ra. That's the only way this thing will be any good.

MONDOBRUTALE said:
i'd totally go if it was called "castlevania 4: simon's quest" and the emphasis shifted from shitty made up on the spot music to vampire hunting

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back