Minor complaints thread (43 Viewers)

Dealers buy their gear from the manufacturer
They have all sorts of installation rules and checks they have to follow in their work, to maintain warranty - even if the warranty is gone
And their lads aren't usually in any kind of hurry
Not cheap

Defo worth getting an independent quote
Like the warranty's gone already - I can't think of another reason I'd use the dealer

i once brought the car to a main dealer for a pre-NCT. they quoted me €1500 to get it through the NCT (i knew there was a problem with a stuck brake pad) and recommended another €250 worth of work.
took it to a backstreet place, spent i think €280 on it and it passed.

What happened here with the score?
She just got it now - only 300 out of a possible 600 points, which means she'd have to get max points in her Leaving to have a chance of getting in. The likelihood of that is approx zero

Very disappointed :(

This is her portfolio movie fwiw
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

She just got it now - only 300 out of a possible 600 points, which means she'd have to get max points in her Leaving to have a chance of getting in. The likelihood of that is approx zero

thats awesome

how can anyone that talented be related to you? (joke)

Bugger
I was hoping it would be different for her

Once she has that creativity inside here, she'll find the next thing.

Sounds like the car might be german designed.

EDit.

Sorry that's very shorthand. Germans tend to think you will break nothing so will casually place a clutch somewhere that half the car has to be dismantled for it to be put in.

+ dealer charges as above.

Last edited:
Really sorry for her to hear that. Is there a slightly more windy path to getting what she wants? Some other course she could jump in from after a year?
Might be, or she's thinking of doing a portfolio course locally and having another crack at it next year. The problem is she doesn't understand why they didn't like it - she thought she demonstrated what they said they wanted, but obvs she didn't

Sounds like the car might be german designed.

EDit.

Sorry that's very shorthand. Germans tend to think you will break nothing so will casually place a clutch somewhere that half the car has to be dismantled for it to be put in.

+ dealer charges as above.
Sköda so essentially a Volkswagen. I think it’s more than just the clutch, but I tuned out when my wife told me the price to trying to figure out what I can sell on adverts. Currently have a SuperShifter pedal up for €100 on Adverts if anyone is interested?

That’s so disappointing for her. Especially when she clearly has talent. I know nothing about the processes and criteria of arts courses but I think someone here teaches on a similar course (though maybe not in NCAD?) but I’m blanking on the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back