Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

It goes in a different tank.
Apparently it reduces emissions.
It does in its bollox,
Absolute scam
During Covid I drove from Dublin to Berlin in a rental van to get a bunch of gear for someone after a bereavement
Started getting these warnings about AdBlue but ignored them all, then somewhere around Hanover the screen that the van would be shutting down if I didn't put AdBlue in
I had ZERO fucking clue what it was and I had also promised Enterprise i wouldn't take it outside of the Republic

It was a pure stresser.

Til i googled it and realised they sell it everywhere.
But, yeah. A scam. So the germans could get around having dirty diesel engines out there.

I don't even know what my mpg is on my van
Do you use a spreadsheet for this?

I use a spreadsheet for everything that uses money in my life. Mine says the mpg / km/l in the dashboard menus.
I take the mileage off the nct slip every year and I put in the average diesel price and I make it tell me how much i need for the average week of being ann post. It also tells me what date i need to book a service and tracks a few other things. I don't make a ton of money so I kinda need to keep an eye on it.

I use a spreadsheet for everything that uses money in my life. Mine says the mpg / km/l in the dashboard menus.
I take the mileage off the nct slip every year and I put in the average diesel price and I make it tell me how much i need for the average week of being ann post. It also tells me what date i need to book a service and tracks a few other things. I don't make a ton of money so I kinda need to keep an eye on it.
Is this a spreadsheet of your own creation or someone else's template?

Sounds great

Is this a spreadsheet of your own creation or someone else's template?

Sounds great

I made my own after faffing about with templates for a while. It's an unending work in progress..

version one was just money in / money out sorta two column deal but after a while i added a form for putting car/house etc things in as they happen.

About a year later i added some date based average things that vaguely predict things for me based on previous spending, and it all spits into a landing page so i know what bills are coming down the line. The bottom line of what It actually does is tells me how much I have for a weekly allowance for pints or gigs or whatever. For the car its kinda good for stuff like telling me a few months ahead that the timing belt is due, or when the tyres are likely to need replacing. Also when @pete gave us a bit of info about his electric car kw consumption i made a thing that tells me when its economically sound for me to buy one - I wanted to know about the adblue because for the next few years I'll likely still need my van-like long distance diesel planet killer thing so if I bought a post 2015 model i can see the running costs in advance and decide when the breaking point of the old one is.

During Covid I drove from Dublin to Berlin in a rental van to get a bunch of gear for someone after a bereavement
Started getting these warnings about AdBlue but ignored them all, then somewhere around Hanover the screen that the van would be shutting down if I didn't put AdBlue in
I had ZERO fucking clue what it was and I had also promised Enterprise i wouldn't take it outside of the Republic

It was a pure stresser.

Til i googled it and realised they sell it everywhere.
But, yeah. A scam. So the germans could get around having dirty diesel engines out there.
I had the adblue warning light on before I went for the last car service. It flashed up that it would need to be changed in 750km. When I was at the garage yer man gave out to me and said that once the warning pops up you need to top up right away, that the projection thing is a load of bollox. He said that a top-up would be needed every 5000km or so. I've topped up twice since the last service, but during that time I did a fairly major road-trip across europe. But yeah, seems a scam alright, but at least it is readily available everywhere.

I made my own after faffing about with templates for a while. It's an unending work in progress..

version one was just money in / money out sorta two column deal but after a while i added a form for putting car/house etc things in as they happen.

About a year later i added some date based average things that vaguely predict things for me based on previous spending, and it all spits into a landing page so i know what bills are coming down the line. The bottom line of what It actually does is tells me how much I have for a weekly allowance for pints or gigs or whatever. For the car its kinda good for stuff like telling me a few months ahead that the timing belt is due, or when the tyres are likely to need replacing. Also when @pete gave us a bit of info about his electric car kw consumption i made a thing that tells me when its economically sound for me to buy one - I wanted to know about the adblue because for the next few years I'll likely still need my van-like long distance diesel planet killer thing so if I bought a post 2015 model i can see the running costs in advance and decide when the breaking point of the old one is.
This is the kind of thing they promised household micro computers could do in the 80s
I'm impressed

The best thing about having a stippled ceiling is cleaning the blood off it after you’ve been trying to screw something in that’s very high up on the wall.

Had to fill out a work profile for a new job I'm starting. Part of it was the mandatory inclusion of pronouns.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND PRONOUNS.

I went for the 'safe' he/him but I don't know if that will be offensive to some people or not. Fuck.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN PRONOUNS TO ME

Had to fill out a work profile for a new job I'm starting. Part of it was the mandatory inclusion of pronouns.

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND PRONOUNS.

I went for the 'safe' he/him but I don't know if that will be offensive to some people or not. Fuck.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN PRONOUNS TO ME
He/him is fine and no one will care. You don’t really need to understand but if someone says they prefer something else, call them that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back