Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

where does the silly chant ''Ole, Ole, Ole, Ole, Olaaay'' chant even come from?
I never knew it's origin.
The World Cup in some South American country a couple of decades ago...as far as I know

edit. Good old Wikipedia. I was wrong about the South American bit

The popular version of the "Olé, Olé, Olé" chant was first used in a 1985 song written by the Belgians Roland Verlooven and Grand Jojo called "Anderlecht Champion" as "Allez, Allez, Allez, Allez" in French, but became "Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé" in Spanish in a version titled "E Viva Mexico" created for the Mexico 86 World Cup. This version of the chant quickly spread around the world and chanted by football fans in tribute to a team or a player, and it is now also widely used in other sports as well as in non-sporting events

The World Cup in some South American country a couple of decades ago...as far as I know

edit. Good old Wikipedia. I was wrong about the South American bit

The popular version of the "Olé, Olé, Olé" chant was first used in a 1985 song written by the Belgians Roland Verlooven and Grand Jojo called "Anderlecht Champion" as "Allez, Allez, Allez, Allez" in French, but became "Olé, Olé, Olé, Olé" in Spanish in a version titled "E Viva Mexico" created for the Mexico 86 World Cup. This version of the chant quickly spread around the world and chanted by football fans in tribute to a team or a player, and it is now also widely used in other sports as well as in non-sporting events
funnily enough I read that a while back when the guy (Gran Jojo) who sang the Anderlecht song died but completely forgot about it.
it's still a fucking brain dead chant for people who don't even like football.

Metal + orchestra. I hate it. That Metallica stuff.
Now this.
It's like a parody
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Metal + orchestra. I hate it. That Metallica stuff.
Now this.
It's like a parody
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so that's the original vocals with a new backing track?

Who's slaggin my bleedin band?

lpgy7b-b78822461z.120110805115752000gc0113qq6.1.jpg

Newstalk right now.

"Shur Donald Trump is great and of course -a bunch of shite that makes no sense-, mighty so he is".
That's an interesting point of view, lets take another caller.
Newstalk is never going to outdo Joe Duffy in the random phone-in dickhead stakes. Why try?

This is mostly a work thing. But I hate the way that you now have to send a text to someone or whatsapp them to let them know who you are and while you'll be calling if they don't have your number or else the call might not be answered.

As much as I want blame phone phobia for that, it's really spam callers. I had three calls from the same supposedly Tallaght number last week; on the third I said screw it and rang back only to receive a 'this number has not been activated' message. I'd rather get a text or an email, if I'm truly honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back