Minor complaints thread (36 Viewers)

friggin iPod died today. And, like, not in a dramatic way. I didn't hop it off the floor or drop it in the jacks or anything like that. I was listening to WIFE, pressed stop to leave down my iPod while I went to the jacks, and when I came back the bastard wouldn't turn back on. Fuck anyway.

7 years it lasted me. Suppose I was pushing my luck a bit.

friggin iPod died today. And, like, not in a dramatic way. I didn't hop it off the floor or drop it in the jacks or anything like that. I was listening to WIFE, pressed stop to leave down my iPod while I went to the jacks, and when I came back the bastard wouldn't turn back on. Fuck anyway.

You're all backed up on your laptop, I take it?

There's an important meeting and I want to prepare.

Basically, I'm a spa.

I work with Americans and it's not unusual for them to answer emails at 3 o'clock in the morning

ridiculous work/life balance misalignment

they do offer excellent service though

No one monitors your hours. Your work is what matters.

I can come and go. You can leave for an hour or two at lunch, or 3 o'clock on a Friday and no one would say a word.

We get one half day Friday every month, and then every fortnight during the summer and people take those religiously.

I woke up at 5 this morning thinking about this interview and couldn't sleep, so just came in to work.

My core hours are 9.30 – 5.30 but the culture here is to work until 6.30 or 7.00 or even later. Although no one has ever said anything I feel bad about leaving on time. Fuck that.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Advising that people don't eat at their desks

Nonsense of course, if I left my desk I'f have to make small talk with my colleagues for half an hour

fuck that

My core hours are 9.30 – 5.30 but the culture here is to work until 6.30 or 7.00 or even later. Although no one has ever said anything I feel bad about leaving on time. Fuck that.
I leave the office at 3:45pm every day. The culture was to leave around 5:30 but seeing as I'm one of the longest in the company people figured if I was doing it, it was grand for them to do it. Now about 60% of my team are in before 8 and gone before 4.

iPod came back to life just now after being totally dead for 2 days. Go figure.

and after me ordering a new one today. Shite.

edit: well a day and a bit

You will always get more credit for staying late.
No one notices if you come in early.
Everyone is wide to the 6am email thing.

I was told that on my first day in banking.

Come in at 8.00am and leave at 5.00pm - people see you leaving "on time" and don't notice the early start.

Come in at 9.00am and leave at 6.00pm - oh look, he's working late again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back