Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

Because obviously everyone likes to be greeted the same way.

I hate that crap,sometimes a nod is more than enough acknowledgement,I don't want the spiel.

I don't know if you're criticising me for saying something to customers that I say to my mates most of the time when I see them or the concept that customers need to be asked anything more than "what food do you want."

I think its good in a way to be aproached by staff in a shop who also know something about what there selling instead of just being ignored.

What’s wrong with “are you ready to order?”

Nothing. Depends on what vibe you're trying to create for your restaurant. Maybe you don't care what your waitstaff say.
But maybe you do. And maybe you want everyone greeted the same way.
Owners often have specific visions for what experience they want people to have with their restaurants; it's mostly the food, but it's not only the food.

Some one at the door of a shop who's job it is to just stand there all day and say hello wellcome etc and then when your leaveing See you next time ! Completly stupid.

I've worked with younger staff before and some do have to be told how to greet a customer. It's not as if there's a magic phrase I know will please customers but sometimes people don't realise how aggressive or apathetic they've coming across. That was in a shop with 3 or 4 staff, if I were running a concern with 500 staff dealing with the public I probably would have some concrete greeting or list of greetings. As shit as it is, the alternative could likely be worse.

Also the increased used of "greetings" in Dublin seems to me to stem from the level of non-native English speakers working in those roles. It's just a hunch but a lot of non-native speakers use greetings that would sound a bit corny coming from an Irish person.

A friend was running his mate's shop in Dublin for a while. I was shocked at how rude he was to the customers. Completely dismissive and unhelpful .
The shop didn't last long

He should have taken the training I designed

Users who are viewing this thread

• S
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back