Minor complaints thread (10 Viewers)

"We have discovered that you do not say hello properly. You will need to work on that"
What the fuckity?

I say hello instead of welcome.
It's a big deal apparently.

That's 30 minutes of my life I wont get back.

I say hello instead of welcome.
It's a big deal apparently.

I was working as a waiter once and the staff manual said that they didn't want us to say "Hi I'm *** and I'll be your server," because it sounded too rehearsed and forced, say something natural like "Hi, how are you?"

So I went up to a few tables early on and used a natural phrase for me, "Hey, how's it going?" The guy who was training me took me aside and said "You're supposed to say 'Hi, how are you?'"

I was working as a waiter once and the staff manual said that they didn't want us to say "Hi I'm *** and I'll be your server," because it sounded too rehearsed and forced, say something natural like "Hi, how are you?"

So I went up to a few tables early on and used a natural phrase for me, "Hey, how's it going?" The guy who was training me took me aside and said "You're supposed to say 'Hi, how are you?'"

Because obviously everyone likes to be greeted the same way.

I hate that crap,sometimes a nod is more than enough acknowledgement,I don't want the spiel.

Because obviously everyone likes to be greeted the same way.

I hate that crap,sometimes a nod is more than enough acknowledgement,I don't want the spiel.

I worked on a job where the staff had to day "Hi, my name is _ _ _, how may I offer you excellent service today?"

such bullshit

I was working on the designs of a training course they had to do..I felt sorry for them, the poor saps

No one likes that shit, guaranteed whoever came up with it doesn't have to speak in that subservient bolloxology

I've worked for a few big retail companies and they always come off with that crap. They never ask the staff how they feel about it as a customer though. It has nothing to do with no one wanting to say it,no one wants to hear it either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back