Minor complaints thread (15 Viewers)

1. There should a course that Irish people can take to become more proficient at using ATMs.
2. There should be a dedicated type of ATM just for spitting out cash. No menu choices, just key in pin, amount you want (still via keypad), hit <enter>, "press <enter> again to confirm" and out comes your cash. No dicking about with side-screen buttons.

My local steadfastly refuses to accept cards. I think it’s to keep out the creative types.
A lot of them don't like the charges that the card companies charge.

But I also like to think that they have an intricate tax dodge going on for years behind the scenes that they'd rather not get the computers involved in.

Those ATM's that don't check if it has 20's until after you ask for a multiple of 20. What the fuck is with them?

Quasi spurred on my initial rant, had this very same experience earlier, I asked for €80, it only had €50s so it presents a nice intimidating message along the lines of "The denomination you requested is not available, would you like to make another transaction?". Which inevitable slows things down as people have to read it and then cope with their indecisiveness of pressing either YES or NO and having to choose either €50, €100, etc yet the smaller denominations will still as valid preset withdrawal options! Banks - cater your ATM UI/UX to idiots.

There should be a row of cash icons on the ATM screensaver/homepage. If something is shaded out, it's out of stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back