Minor complaints thread (6 Viewers)

I got an effects yoke for my guitar..which only half works,so I'm giving it back.But the half that does work is fucking amazing and I want to keep it.
But I don't want a half working guitar yoke.Those days are behind me

Quasi spurred on my initial rant, had this very same experience earlier, I asked for €80, it only had €50s so it presents a nice intimidating message along the lines of "The denomination you requested is not available, would you like to make another transaction?". Which inevitable slows things down as people have to read it and then cope with their indecisiveness of pressing either YES or NO and having to choose either €50, €100, etc yet the smaller denominations will still as valid preset withdrawal options! Banks - cater your ATM UI/UX to idiots.

There should be a row of cash icons on the ATM screensaver/homepage. If something is shaded out, it's out of stock.
They charge people over here if you're using someone else's ATM

Downside is you get stung for a dollar or two if you plan poorly.
Upside is the machines make money, so they're often state of the art or at least chock full o' cash.
My experience with ATMs in Ireland is that the banks don't give a fuck about them, because there's no money in them (figuratively speaking)
Swings and roundabouts.

The queue outside the one on Dame Street across from the Olympia. Like fucking purgatory. Every Saturday night.

Who uses cash any more though?
Isn't it all debit cards now pretty much?

Who uses cash any more though?
Isn't it all debit cards now pretty much?

I'm all card except for small amounts like coffee (although it's becoming easier to make small payments for coffee around town), there's always a fear one might not accept it for small amounts.

What's been bugging me lately with some shops using contactless, they'll tap the amount into the mobile POS machine, tap your card against it and then assume it's okay to look at you like you have 2 heads if you request a receipt. Like they don't even show you how much they've tapped into the machine, they'll just do the whole transaction with no receipt. I'd like to know you're not fudging up how much I have to pay.

I'm all card except for small amounts like coffee (although it's becoming easier to make small payments for coffee around town), there's always a fear one might not accept it for small amounts.

What's been bugging me lately with some shops using contactless, they'll tap the amount into the mobile POS machine, tap your card against it and then assume it's okay to look at you like you have 2 heads if you request a receipt. Like they don't even show you how much they've tapped into the machine, they'll just do the whole transaction with no receipt. I'd like to know you're not fudging up how much I have to pay.

Do you want a receipt? Or just confirmation on how much the purchase is?

I'd ask for a receipt as I hand the card.

Fucking receipts though, amirite?

Actually, I half know someone connected with them. Wasn't sure until I saw the vintage mercedes.
So "..know them...sound.." etc.

Ould wan reading Irish Catholic on bus. I can see a headline on an article about Graham Linehan discussing the abortion story he & his wife told last week: "Power of abortion lobby on full display".

Ould wan reading Irish Catholic on bus. I can see a headline on an article about Graham Linehan discussing the abortion story he & his wife told last week: "Power of abortion lobby on full display".

I'm gonna buy* this on the basis of your 'recommendation'.

*If I see it in a shop I'm in, I'm not gonna actively hunt it down or anything mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back