Minor complaints thread (30 Viewers)

probably so they could reassign people to do other work. And given they always seem to be hiring, there is no shortage of work to be done.

Other work that would have to be done by an employee anyhow. Always hiring usually means high turnover of staff.

Other work that would have to be done by an employee anyhow. Always hiring usually means high turnover of staff.
yes, true. I worked for 4 years in a supermarket and people were coming and going all the time. It wasn't necessarily due to anything bad by the supermarket themselves, moreso just the nature of the job. People float through different jobs of comparable pay and might or might not eventually settle somewhere.

yes, true. I worked for 4 years in a supermarket and people were coming and going all the time. It wasn't necessarily due to anything bad by the supermarket themselves, moreso just the nature of the job. People float through different jobs of comparable pay and might or might not eventually settle somewhere.

Of course.

i worked in superquinn blanchardstown when i was a teenager and the manager caught be sleeping behind the flowerbeds one day. but before he could do anything about it it came out that he'd embezzled a couple of hundred k from the company, so i was in the clear.

Other cyclists are getting into the habit of undercutting (underpassing?) me at junctions/lights/in traffic etc. Nearly got knocked off by a lad trying to undercut me and squeeze in front of me to try make a gap (that he wasn't gonna make) that I was perfectly lined up for. Seemed to think I was the one with a problem for asking what he was up to.

Hate cyclists/love cycling..

shoaling? you pass a slower cyclist 100m or 200m from a junction, get to the lights, and they cycle past you and plonk themselves back in front of you. rinse and repeat.

I'm sure there's plenty of this sort of complaining in the cycling thread. I do remember getting undercut/undertaken by hipster guys all the time on Rathmines road. "Why are you trying to race me on your Brompton? I'm turning left now, up to you what you do".

Going back to supermarket talk, I went to small local Tesco's. I don't have time to go anywhere else this week. It was like being in Vietnam. Put two things in the basket, then put them back and walked out. Hopefully I can buy work fuel before work tomorrow. The cheap bread that used to cost 55p now costs 90p, and the other shelves are bare.

shoaling? you pass a slower cyclist 100m or 200m from a junction, get to the lights, and they cycle past you and plonk themselves back in front of you. rinse and repeat.

That too but was in slow moving traffic. I'm kinda used to the shoaling at this stage. I like to ask them really inane questions while passing them, again.

People who pass everyone out and then don't cycle up to the lights but stop back from the lights and expect everyone to line up behind them in their chosen random spot

Like stopping at the white line that's always a ways from from the lights? Then the slow people decide there is no white line and push in front?

i once passed a cyclist out while i was heading into work, outbound on the rock road just before the turnoff to monkstown. as i was passing, i realised 'oh shit, this guy looks fit' and it turned out he was heading the same way i was, swinging right up newtownpark avenue.
needless to say, i couldn't - for pride's sake - let him pass me again and i guess he copped too because he ratcheted up the effort and i ended up going balls out up newtownpark avenue to stay ahead of him, and got a PR up it. he gave me a knowing smile as he swung left at the top onto the N11.
thankfully he didn't say anything because i wouldn't have been able to speak coherently by then.

I'll start this by saying that I'll admit that my behaviour wasn't entirely flawless but the escalation seems disproportionate.

Was driving out of town on the north circular about an hour ago. As you approach the church at Phibsborough the lane narrows from 2 to 1, or 1.5, there needs to be some merging anyway. I was on the left hand side and a large 141 merc merged in ahead of me, cutting me off really, I had to brake to avoid hitting them.

Tapped the horn.

The driver brake tested me, which is what I consider to be one of the most stupid and dangerous things you can do when driving.

I had to brake to, for a second time, not hit them because of their bad driving.

I gave them the finger.

They brake tested me again.

For a third time, I don't get into a car crash. I can't remember if it was the first or second time they hit the brakes but on one occasion they moved in on me as they did it.

At that stage we were at the fork in the road at the church, they were going right, I was going left.

As I came to pass by I could see that they had their window down.

I rolled my window down. I was annoyed.

Expecting to see a middle aged man driving a large 141 Merc I was a little surprised to find that I was calling, in a raised voice but not screaming in rage, "you cut me off twice" at a woman of about 30.

I drove on down the left fork, and noticed that she had swapped lanes and was now following me down the road, there was one car in between us.

I drove on for about 1km and got to a traffic lights that were red.

She overtook the car between us, blocking the opposite lane and pulled up beside me and had her window down ready to go.

Screaming (selected highlights) ...

"you picked the wrong fuckin person to give the finger to, never do that to me again"

"you rotten looking cunt *"

"you're fucking disgusting"

All I said to her in response, quieter than before was, "you're dangerous" or something like that but regarding * I'll go to bed tonight regretting not having the presence of mind to tell her that I'm way more fuckable than she is.

Having got it off her chest she sped off, turning right up at Hanlon's corner.

As I said, maybe I could have been a bit more chill over their first piece of bad driving, but if you fuck up like that you should expect to get beeped. She lost the head entirely.

I'll start this by saying that I'll admit that my behaviour wasn't entirely flawless but the escalation seems disproportionate.

Was driving out of town on the north circular about an hour ago. As you approach the church at Phibsborough the lane narrows from 2 to 1, or 1.5, there needs to be some merging anyway. I was on the left hand side and a large 141 merc merged in ahead of me, cutting me off really, I had to brake to avoid hitting them.

Tapped the horn.

The driver brake tested me, which is what I consider to be one of the most stupid and dangerous things you can do when driving.

I had to brake to, for a second time, not hit them because of their bad driving.

I gave them the finger.

They brake tested me again.

For a third time, I don't get into a car crash. I can't remember if it was the first or second time they hit the brakes but on one occasion they moved in on me as they did it.

At that stage we were at the fork in the road at the church, they were going right, I was going left.

As I came to pass by I could see that they had their window down.

I rolled my window down. I was annoyed.

Expecting to see a middle aged man driving a large 141 Merc I was a little surprised to find that I was calling, in a raised voice but not screaming in rage, "you cut me off twice" at a woman of about 30.

I drove on down the left fork, and noticed that she had swapped lanes and was now following me down the road, there was one car in between us.

I drove on for about 1km and got to a traffic lights that were red.

She overtook the car between us, blocking the opposite lane and pulled up beside me and had her window down ready to go.

Screaming (selected highlights) ...

"you picked the wrong fuckin person to give the finger to, never do that to me again"

"you rotten looking cunt *"

"you're fucking disgusting"

All I said to her in response, quieter than before was, "you're dangerous" or something like that but regarding * I'll go to bed tonight regretting not having the presence of mind to tell her that I'm way more fuckable than she is.

Having got it off her chest she sped off, turning right up at Hanlon's corner.

As I said, maybe I could have been a bit more chill over their first piece of bad driving, but if you fuck up like that you should expect to get beeped. She lost the head entirely.

hope you got the reg.
id have reported her just for the spite

hope you got the reg.
id have reported her just for the spite

141 D I did think when she was speeding off that I should have taken note of it.

When I noticed her chasing me down the road there was a cop car coming in the opposite direction.

If it'd been a man behind the wheel I might have flagged them down, who knows what a dude might have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back