Minor complaints thread (24 Viewers)

I meet the odd person who has an irrational hatred of german supermarkets.

Wierdos.
when I quit the fruit and veg shop and the small village grocery shop, the Germans were my only choice.
the only reason to go to a supermaket is to save (lots of) money. I buy nothing unusual there.
If people have more money and want to be ethical then support small businesses not supermarkets.

at Lidl the veg, porridge and cans of beans sections are all close to the entrance and I don't go any further.

EDIT:
complaint - this year my local Lidl has developed a bad habit of being very reluctant to open more than two tills at a time. this has to be a management policy. If this continues by the end of the year I will be complaining.

Last edited:
complaint - this year my local Lidl has developed a bad habit of being very reluctant to open more than two tills at a time. this has to be a management policy. If this continues by the end of the year I will be complaining.
this is universal and it pisses me off. I've left my shopping and walked out many times

EDIT:
the policy is that one till remains open at all times. The person on that till is responsible for opening additional tills if it gets busy. If a second till is slow to open, thats on the person on the first till, not on management. I've seen that system work quite well in my local lidl, particularly at quieter times when it can get busy in bursts. Rather than having people scratching their holes at empty tills, they're out doing other stuff on the floor.

the policy is that one till remains open at all times. The person on that till is responsible for opening additional tills if it gets busy. If a second till is slow to open, thats on the person on the first till, not on management. I've seen that system work quite well in my local lidl, particularly at quieter times when it can get busy in bursts. Rather than having people scratching their holes at empty tills, they're out doing other stuff on the floor.
OK but something is wrong somewhere.
I often see queues getting quite long at TWO tills - always Till 1 (which backs into the cordoned off alcohol section) and Till 2 which backs on the end of a block of shelves between Aisle 1 and 2 - so yer not even sure where to stand.
there is a major lack of awareness here. there are 6 tills and they insist on opening two tills that are difficult for a long queue to form at.

now that looks like a policy to me. the staff can't all be that clueless.

used them in Tesco a few times. they slow things up even more. they're awkward unless yer used to using them.
Tesco do a 15 euro for 28 days non contract mobile phone top up which I use.
Self-scan tills are fine when they work, but when something goes wrong, which it too often does, they are a proper pain

Just to back myself up here. From the people who make the things explaining that it's their intended purpose to reduce the number of employees:

"Reduce the payroll costs
Self-Checkouts make it possible to serve the customer better with less staff involvement. One staff member can take care of multiple self-checkouts simultaneously. Therefore, it is possible to reduce payroll costs."

"Decreased costs and
increased sales
It is possible to readjust the functions of cashiers to other activities. It contributes to the reduction of costs with operations and increase the usage flow of the available self-checkout kiosks."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back