Minor complaints thread (25 Viewers)

My wife went away tonight with her friends and I was planning to have a clear run at some miniature painting, doom metal and Chinese take away. Did the Chinese, kids enjoyed it, got the youngest to bed early and then the middle child redecorated the kitchen with puke. A solid hour of cleaning and my runners in the bin. My post for today was supposed to be about the flat tyre I had this morning but things escalated.

My wife went away tonight with her friends and I was planning to have a clear run at some miniature painting, doom metal and Chinese take away. Did the Chinese, kids enjoyed it, got the youngest to bed early and then the middle child redecorated the kitchen with puke. A solid hour of cleaning and my runners in the bin. My post for today was supposed to be about the flat tyre I had this morning but things escalated.
Daughter was sick this morning and I’m feeling like death now. Pray for mojo.

Okay, I got this in 3

But it was a wild guess borne out of frustration that I wasn't even sure was a word

Wordle 480 3/6

⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛🟨⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

There should not be science-y words in this fucking thing

These pricks are trying to be too clever by half
I can’t remember Wordle words after about 5 minutes. But a few days ago - fucking HOWDY?????

I can’t remember Wordle words after about 5 minutes. But a few days ago - fucking HOWDY?????
Yup
They are being pricks. Some bunch of word nerds trying to find all the words with Y and double vowels in there.

I was not happy today.

i often do the irish times simplex crossword to kill time, and whoever sets it just phones it in.
i recently did one where 'startling' and 'startled' were two answers in the same crossword.
'world's largest animal' and the answer required was 'elephant'.
and the repetition of clues - sometimes several times in one week - is very common.

i often do the irish times simplex crossword to kill time, and whoever sets it just phones it in.
i recently did one where 'startling' and 'startled' were two answers in the same crossword.
and the repetition of clues - sometimes several times in one week - is very common.
I once met a girl for coffee in Bewley's and it became a long date
We were reading the bits of the Weekend Times, and she did the Crosaire (the difficult one) crossword in about 10 minutes, like it was nothing

Easily one of the sexiest things i've ever seen

its gone to shite the last few years

I don't like to complain
But doing my batch cooking on Sunday, I thought I'd cheat on the leeks and instead of chopping them, I just chopped off most of the green and ran them through the foodprocessor
Not enough washing done and now every lunch and dinner all week has had noticeable amounts of grit in it.

So I'm lazy and stupid.

But I'm safe and warm, and the food is otherwise tasty as fuck.

I don't like to complain
But doing my batch cooking on Sunday, I thought I'd cheat on the leeks and instead of chopping them, I just chopped off most of the green and ran them through the foodprocessor
Not enough washing done and now every lunch and dinner all week has had noticeable amounts of grit in it.

So I'm lazy and stupid.

But I'm safe and warm, and the food is otherwise tasty as fuck.

This is foreshadowing for sure.

I got one of those sliding / slicing food choppers today and kinda bludgoned it with a leek which is in the chilli for monday.

The continued gentrification of the Ilac Centre. What a load of balls. Have been bringing the kids there lately, but at least the library hasn't changed.

Thankfully Tuthills newsagents are probably the only shop in Ireland stocking Trolls toys, which the girls have been watching non stop since getting the dvd in said library like a pair of legends.

I'm sleeping in an attic bedroom and the noise of the wind meant I only got one hours sleep tonight.
From about 4 pm yesterday there was heavy rain and about 6-7 pm it was the heaviest I've ever seen.
There was a stream going past our front door towards the drain next door where there was a temporary pond until it drained into the small river beside it.

I don't live too near a German supermarket anymore, and I had some vouchers for another supermarket, so I went there.

3 quid off your next shop if you spend 30 quid, and 4 quid's worth of points on your next shop.

Jeepers creepers, didn't buy anything too fancy, but I wanted to be sure I got to 30 quid. Bought a bottle of wine say, a fancy ready meal, discounted ben&jerrys and cat food for the cat that isn't my cat. As well as the essentials.

It all came to 50 quid before discounts. German shop would have been half that easily. Those vouchers ain't worth shit. I have never spent fifty quid on groceries, not even at christmas. And it wasn't even a proper Big Shop, just the bits.

And I forgot to get teabags, my stock of Barry's is running dangerously low.

Users who are viewing this thread

• M
  • Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back