Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

A lot of power tools 'benifit' a lot from regular breaks - they hit the market betting home mchomerson is just going to run it for 20 mins now and again and if they survive that the returns are close enough for profit. Like my cheap circular saw, i never really run it for more than 20 minutes on purpose, and then tend to run it unloaded for 20 secs or so just let it cool itself a bit. I cooked a jigsaw years ago just driving it for barely over an hour, and it was too cheap to return or care about so i soaked it up..
yeah, there's an urban legend (possibly with an inkling of truth in it) that yer average domestic drill is used for about 15 or 20 minutes over its lifespan.

A lot of power tools 'benifit' a lot from regular breaks - they hit the market betting home mchomerson is just going to run it for 20 mins now and again and if they survive that the returns are close enough for profit. Like my cheap circular saw, i never really run it for more than 20 minutes on purpose, and then tend to run it unloaded for 20 secs or so just let it cool itself a bit. I cooked a jigsaw years ago just driving it for barely over an hour, and it was too cheap to return or care about so i soaked it up..
That’s about an hour total over 2 days! I always power down when the irons not in immediate use- a safety thing as much as anything as a shed full of wood and solvents is not a place to be leaving very hot metal unsupervised

that Depp V Heard case verdict and the evidence that she was abusive and manipulative yet so many women I follow on twitter saying #ibelieveher.
fucking hell. Like maybe, for once, the shoe is on the other foot.
What studies have found is that bad behaviour, coercive control, manipulation, verbal abuse, being an utter fucking horrible shit, comes both ways. i.e. women are equally as likely to do this as men. Relationships can bring out the worst in people of either gender.
We've all seen it.

In the smaller subset of cases where there is violence, it is an almost entirely (but not exclusively) one-way street. Men aren't getting hit or threatened with physical abuse in anything even approaching the rates women are.
This is a man problem.

I haven't followed this particular case. Don't know how instructive it is about problems in regular people's lives. Two narcissists, and one of them's an addict.

What studies have found is that bad behaviour, coercive control, manipulation, verbal abuse, being an utter fucking horrible shit, comes both ways. i.e. women are equally as likely to do this as men. Relationships can bring out the worst in people of either gender.
We've all seen it.

In the smaller subset of cases where there is violence, it is an almost entirely (but not exclusively) one-way street. Men aren't getting hit or threatened with physical abuse in anything even approaching the rates women are.
This is a man problem.

I haven't followed this particular case. Don't know how instructive it is about problems in regular people's lives. Two narcissists, and one of them's an addict.

Yeah I totally agree.
But it doesn't mean she wasn't violent towards him.
And having witnessed women being physically violent towards men, it's not as uncommon as you'd think

Ive been using the same soldering iron for 20 years .. A cheap as chips Blackspur

We've all seen it.

This is a man problem.

You've given me the vaguest of excuses:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah I totally agree.
But it doesn't mean she wasn't violent towards him.
And having witnessed women being physically violent towards men, it's not as uncommon as you'd think

Ah, I know it happens
And my heart goes out to anyone in that situation - don't want to diminish anyone's experience

But there's women dying out there on the regular too, and that's the tip of the physical violence iceberg

Marriages in general look nuts to me.
Don't know how any of you deal with the constant daily negotiation, compromise and some other adult having veto power over your actual lives, but that's another conversation

Met up with an old English friend tonight. Good times until he got to a point and I said I need to go.

We ended up chatting to a Scottish dude and a Bulgarian dude. Eventually I revealed the (apparently no longer blatant) fact that I'm Irish. I made a joke about an Englishman an Irishman and a Scotsman are in a pub talking to a Bulgarian. That itself was the punchline. Good times.

Then the Scottish guy says "So, Rangers or Celtic?". I'm stunned.
There's no way I'm ever going to answer that I said.
English guy says don't answer that question.
Bulgarian guy says "interesting".

I know some of you lived with this every day growing up, but I didn't. Wtf was that?

Met up with an old English friend tonight. Good times until he got to a point and I said I need to go.

We ended up chatting to a Scottish dude and a Bulgarian dude. Eventually I revealed the (apparently no longer blatant) fact that I'm Irish. I made a joke about an Englishman an Irishman and a Scotsman are in a pub talking to a Bulgarian. That itself was the punchline. Good times.

Then the Scottish guy says "So, Rangers or Celtic?". I'm stunned.
There's no way I'm ever going to answer that I said.
English guy says don't answer that question.
Bulgarian guy says "interesting".

I know some of you lived with this every day growing up, but I didn't. Wtf was that?
The correct answer is that neither team is local to you so why would you support them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back