Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

that Depp V Heard case verdict and the evidence that she was abusive and manipulative yet so many women I follow on twitter saying #ibelieveher.
fucking hell. Like maybe, for once, the shoe is on the other foot.
I think that misses the point.

And we should be a bit more sensitive to the women you follow on twitter who say #Ibelieveher, cos they do so with good reason.

i was assiduously avoiding coverage of that case, but didn't a judge previously rule that depp had been abusive?
I have been ignoring the whole thing as much as possible but I had to point that out to the kid today after i saw she was looking at something supporting Depp's "win" on youtube this morning.

If the campaign against Heard on THE SOCIALS was actually paid for they got their money's worth.

Herself has been following it, so I have heard some of it despite my desire not to, and I've been thinking despite also not wanting to do that either, and I have opinions.

I haven't been following it closely, it's just bleak and depressing unlike Rooney/Vardy which is very amusing and entertaining.

Based on what I know ...

He hit her.

A British court basically agreed that he did.

She wrote about being hit.

He sued her.

That's what it mostly boils down to for me.

She might be a nightmare person, and she may have also been horrible to him. If she chopped off his finger or shat in their bed then she's an arsehole.

Which isn't really related to the fundamental issue which is that she wrote an article saying that she'd been hit, and he sued her for it.

I will not be expressing this opinion on twitter because I don't want to fight with the internet's worst people.

Oh go on then, everyone else is doing an opinion so I will too.

Two rich pricks airing their dirty laundry. I think Heard misjudged it. Was she abused? Probably. Did she abuse? Probably.

It's more interesting than listening to the Jubilee stuff.

As long as they never bring their dogs back into 'stralia, I'll be happy.

You know what, I just went to read my first article on this, and in the first paragraph one of the jurors said the jury believed Depp did beat her, but didn't like that she lied about donating money. Immediately stopped reading, fuck this entire bastard of a shit show. People are terrible.

is a juror admitting that they did believe she was telling the truth (in a libel trial) but ruling against her anyway, not somewhat problematic?

is a juror admitting that they did believe she was telling the truth (in a libel trial) but ruling against her anyway, not somewhat problematic?

In a criminal case it's what is known as jury nullification I think. Much of what I heard from the trial was about what an arsehole she was, trying to make her seem unsympathetic etc.

In a criminal case it's what is known as jury nullification I think. Much of what I heard from the trial was about what an arsehole she was, trying to make her seem unsympathetic etc.
just had a quick google of that term; seems to relate to the jury acquitting when they know the accused is guilty, does it also apply to the converse situation?

You know what, I just went to read my first article on this, and in the first paragraph one of the jurors said the jury believed Depp did beat her, but didn't like that she lied about donating money. Immediately stopped reading, fuck this entire bastard of a shit show. People are terrible.
So you read a single paragraph about a weeks-long court case and used that to confirm your existing opinion?

(applauds)

Extra points for boasting about it on thumped

After about an hours use - ffs
View attachment 15768

A lot of power tools 'benifit' a lot from regular breaks - they hit the market betting home mchomerson is just going to run it for 20 mins now and again and if they survive that the returns are close enough for profit. Like my cheap circular saw, i never really run it for more than 20 minutes on purpose, and then tend to run it unloaded for 20 secs or so just let it cool itself a bit. I cooked a jigsaw years ago just driving it for barely over an hour, and it was too cheap to return or care about so i soaked it up..

So you read a single paragraph about a weeks-long court case and used that to confirm your existing opinion?

(applauds)

Extra points for boasting about it on thumped
tumblr_mg3efdiyOP1qc9pwoo1_500.gifv

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
    The Sugar Club
    8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back